Search the forum,

Discuss Get Involved... As a Plumber do you support the idea SCRAPPAGE SCHEME for boilers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

The managing director of Williams & Co, plumbers merchants in Portsmouth is calling upon the government to introduce a 'boiler scrappage scheme' to boost sales and help to achieve energy-saving targets.

Mick Williams said "They were prepared to do it for the car industry, why not the boiler industry which could actually have an environmental benefit as well as boosting sales?

The petition says: "According to the 'Energy Saving Trust' if everyone in the UK with gas central heating installed a high efficiency condensing boiler, we would save enough energy to heat 3.4 million homes for a whole year and save around 13 million tonnes of Carbon Dioxide. The householder could also save around a third on their heating bills.

"The recently introduced Car Scrappage scheme has proved a success for the car industry, but a Boiler Scrappage Scheme, along the same lines, could be even more successful.

"It would help the Government to achieve it's climate change targets, it would benefit boiler manufacturers, plumbers merchants and installers by stimulating demand and it would benefit the householder by saving them money."

If you agree then Sign up to the petition by following this link

Sign petition Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Get Involved... As a Plumber do you support the idea SCRAPPAGE SCHEME for boilers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Opportunities are available in the following areas: Scotland Wales (Aberystwyth) East of England Midlands East Anglia South East South Central London We look after our customers’ worlds everyday by providing value for money, dedicated customer service, innovative energy solutions and the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Report in full More than 100,000 ageing British boilers will be scrapped and exchanged for newer, more energy-efficient models, under £50 million plans unveiled by the Chancellor. The scheme, similar to the car scrappage programme launched last April, was contained in today's Pre-Budget...
Replies
Views
365drills
M
Hi everyone I have created a petition urging the government to create a 'Boiler Scrappage' scheme, similar to the scrappage scheme for cars, but aimed at replacing some of the millions of old, inefficient gas boilers out there. It would be very good for the environment and would save...
Replies
Views
MickW
M
R
Hi everyone. Sorry for the random posting, but I am looking for your help! I am currently working on petitioning the government to reduce the VAT on building and repair materials to 5% from its current 17.5% status. What would this mean? A reduction of VAT to 5% in this area would not only...
Replies
Views
Plouasne
P
M
Apologies for the long post, but need to explain everything... OK, so I've had some problems with my heating and hot water. First the heating stopped working, then the pump died and so no hot water. My system (useless and old) has 3 radiators downstairs, 3 upstairs (each room), boiler behind...
Replies
Views
moony
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock