Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit mapress tool calibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any ideas on the cost of getting an ACO202 plus jaws calibrated?

How often does that have to be done? Is it the same for other manufacturers?

Not sure, I think it's done in number of presses but there is also a date sticker on the jaws etc.

Installation Guide
Operation
MapressCuNiFe Product and Installation Guide 2012

The service interval for the tool
is indicated by a sticker on
the machine. Always service and recalibrate before this
date at the latest.

i get mine done for £50 +7.5 for a jaw from bss but might be more as i have an account and the sticker is the re calb year

I see loads of these press fit tools recently , I may have to have a weee investment ..

I see loads of these press fit tools recently , I may have to have a weee investment ..

It sounds like you haven't investigated the prices as yet.

Your weee investment may turn out to be a whopping investment!!

And then you have to by the fittings......

It sounds like you haven't investigated the prices as yet.

Your weee investment may turn out to be a whopping investment!!

And then you have to by the fittings......

tbh your right in one way but the advantages out way the negs

no hot works permit
no waiting around 1 hour after finish time
no having to disable fire alarms in your section/ where your working
no moving insulation if you need to couple on close/add on
no waiting around if theres water in the pipe
elbow fittings are swept (geberit) so increasing flow rate over normal end feed etc
no flux in the pipe so you dont have to flush as much
no flux so your joints will last longer

Just been to Gerberit today for training day and after so many presses the red light on the tools comes on to let you know it needs a service. Will let you use it for a few more presses then stops altogether until you get it sorted.

Or two years is the official line.........

tbh your right in one way but the advantages out way the negs

no hot works permit
no waiting around 1 hour after finish time
no having to disable fire alarms in your section/ where your working
no moving insulation if you need to couple on close/add on
no waiting around if theres water in the pipe
elbow fittings are swept (geberit) so increasing flow rate over normal end feed etc
no flux in the pipe so you dont have to flush as much
no flux so your joints will last longer
No making up sections to then take them apart to flux and solder.

what does the calibration actually do, I can't see the need for calibration seems like a way of relieving you of a few quid for no reason:angry_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit mapress tool calibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey, I've got a leaking toilet and I need to replace the filling valve device which is a Geberit 810.L3 Type 340 with a 1/2" connector. Problem I've got is the connection under the tank (image attached). The top plastic nut (yellow) is only to hold the fill valve in place - I can undo it by...
Replies
Views
B
I have a Geberit concealed cistern . This has a dual pneumatic flush, and has worked without any problems for a few years now. The short flush continues to work normally but the longer (6 litre) flush no longer flushes fully which results in solid waste not being flushed. I have checked the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me with an issue I'm having at home. We've just returned from a week long holiday and have noticed that one of our toilets (a catalano toilet on a geberit frame) seems to have brown water coming up into the toilet bowl. When we flush, the...
Replies
Views
Laurie1987
L
Hi All Looking to purchase a press fit tool and considering many brands. I don’t do a lot of pipe work, so don’t need a heavy duty one. Hot works are becoming a thing of the past. Any recommendations?
Replies
Views
Hey all, First post here, am an avid DIY'er and I'm putting in my mother-in-law's bathroom this weekend, this will be the 3rd bathroom that I've put in, however, I always get by with the poor tools that I have. In your experience what would you say are essential tools? I'm also looking to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock