Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit bath waste - what pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Hi, has anyone fitted one of these Geberit bath wastes before?

Geberit Bath Pop up Waste and Overflow : UK Bathrooms

I'm reading the installation instructions and it says "PVC push fit required - do not solvent weld"

I'll be having 40mm solvent weld piping running round to the bath - am I right in thinking that I just push it into the waste adapter on the waste (which is apparently 43mm, which matches the external diameter of 40mm solvent weld waste?), and don't solvent weld (because the adapter is made of PE)?

Instructions are here if anyone can shed light. Cheers:

https://catalog.geberit.com/File_Container/Documents/Instructions/W_997.164.00.0_00.pdf

Really good quality wastes, those are.

Just use a multifit 40mm socket,or elbow. This will transition you to push fit, or solvent weld

OK - something like this?

McAlpine T28M Straight Connector White 40mm x 40mm

Is that going to screw onto the trap directly? I get that it's compression on to whatever waste pipe you're fitting it too but not quite seeing how it fits to the waste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit bath waste - what pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently in the middle of first fixing the waste pipe for my freestanding bath. I've created a mock version out of plastic to determine where the waste enters down through the floor - see photo. I was just wondering is there any minimum length the pipe has to run after the trap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock