Search the forum,

Discuss gas training scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrenalin84

hi guys does anyone know of any acs courses which include placement times available in scotland (glasgow) i already have plumbing NVQ, thanks

I know that cardonald college in glasgow do a gas foundation course, I don't know if they can find you a work placement but they might.

also

[DLMURL]http://www.pjtraining.com/gas.php[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah its cardonald i done my apprenticeship at :) but getting a placement just to do the portfolio is proving a nightmare. i have done my gas safety. I found a few independant companies online but they all look very non-professional (fake)

This is the company i have been looking into

http://www.combination-boiler-training.co.uk anyone heard of them?

Just had a look at them. Biggest load of nonsense I've seen in a long time! You'd need your head testing if you go anywhere near them.

Yeah I thought the website looked a bit comical, struggling to find any others though

Hi guys, i own a gas engineering company 'Eco-Sense (Scotland)' and our sister company 'GPE Training' is actually a training company which offers ACS courses, gas foundation courses etc..

We are based in units 1-3 5 Murray street Paisley so we are a local company.

Call our office on 0141 889 2878 between 8.30-17.00 and you could possibly arrange to come in and visit the premises alternatively you could email [email protected] if you wish to make any enquiries.

Mark :)

excellent i am just waiting on a meeting for the job centre to see if they can aid my funding of the courses, if not i think i can manage :p thanks for the reply

excellent i am just waiting on a meeting for the job centre to see if they can aid my funding of the courses, if not i think i can manage :p thanks for the reply

If you find you cant get funding GPE Training might be able to advise you in routes to gaining funding, good luck mate :D

doubt they will mate didnt help me at all the shower a useless **** :p best looking for funding elsewhere

Yeah i doubt that the job centre will fund you too but its always worth a try

my mates also tryin to get funding to do his, I asked for money off them to do my CPA1 HTR and CKR1 and they refused said they dont give money to training anymore

the lady i spoke to said they have a "pot" for training and if the pot is empty you are up **** creek, it is stupid as it would be in their best interest to help me as at the moment i am signing on as every agency job comes to an end lol

hi guys spoke to the jobcentre today, they would be willing to pay the course fees pending a solid job offer :-S need to find a boiler engineer willing to take me on now

hi guys spoke to the jobcentre today, they would be willing to pay the course fees pending a solid job offer :-S need to find a boiler engineer willing to take me on now

Although there are thousands of engineers short in the gas industry, it would be unrealistic to expect any company to guarantee you a job after the course, however, if you think about it, during your 14 weeks job placement for example, with a gas company (building port folio) it is really a 14 week job interview. I think if you show determination and commitment your placement company is your best chance of immediate employment. I would suggest if you did your training with GPE Training Services they could put you in job placement with Eco-Sense who have recently employed two ex trainees. You must realise, however, this H&E BPEC training course is for 21 and over only.

If you'd like an information pack you can contact Stevie on [email protected]
Alternatively you can call the office on 0141 889 2878

who is making you false promises? if you are referring to GPE making you false promises would you care to elaborate, your earlier posts says "it would be helpful if they paid for some of it" who are "they", there is funding for this type of thing through the DWP (the broo to you and I) but i dont know what the criteria is, if you are a time served plumber you are a category 2 and can do a 10 wek full time course (plus time to build a portfolio of evidence) if you do the course at GPE the course fee incldes the supply of a placement through one of the partnering companies, if you want any more info send me a PM, and yes i do work at GPE

send me a PM as i would like to discuss this with you, if you can get funding on the basis of getting a full time job, i would/could be in a position to offer you a job depending on the criteria set by the broo

do you mean the broo or GPE

i ment the job centre plus kirk, i asked for help and they gave me nowt

had to go to glasgow regeneration agency and they put me in contact with PYSBT/business gateway

i ment the job centre plus kirk, i asked for help and they gave me nowt

had to go to glasgow regeneration agency and they put me in contact with PYSBT/business gateway

there is def money available from the DPW, i am in discussion with them at the moment to train some funded guys, but again i dont know the criteria for getting the funding, i will see if i can find out a bit more

but again i dont know the criteria for getting the funding, i will see if i can find out a bit more

If there is funding it must be for the long term unemployable who know how the system works.
I was speaking to a guy through the week, good gas guy with 20+ years of experience, been laid off since Jan. His gas tickets ran out in March and i said won't the broo pay for you to resit them.
Not a chance. He is having to pay it himself.

If there is funding it must be for the long term unemployable who know how the system works.
I was speaking to a guy through the week, good gas guy with 20+ years of experience, been laid off since Jan. His gas tickets ran out in March and i said won't the broo pay for you to resit them.
Not a chance. He is having to pay it himself.

tam if he is a mate of yours tell him to contact me and i will see what i can do price wise, i am meeting a company from stirling who place unemployed candidates in training to get back to work, they are sending me 2 guys in a couple of weeks so i will find out how the whole thing works, dont want to discuss it much further on here until i know more about it

who is making you false promises? if you are referring to GPE making you false promises would you care to elaborate, your earlier posts says "it would be helpful if they paid for some of it" who are "they", there is funding for this type of thing through the DWP (the broo to you and I) but i dont know what the criteria is, if you are a time served plumber you are a category 2 and can do a 10 wek full time course (plus time to build a portfolio of evidence) if you do the course at GPE the course fee incldes the supply of a placement through one of the partnering companies, if you want any more info send me a PM, and yes i do work at GPE

Sorry i havent replied in sometime, i was talking about the Job centre false promises, i have asked them several times and keep getting told they dont do that sort of thing until you have been unemployed for a year :s

Basically when i enquired about funding at the job centre, i was told that they only have a certain budget for training schemes, the only way i would "possibly" get funding is if i was offered a job (in writing) and several phone calls no doubt which said that without the training i wouldnt be hired. Its an insane catch 22. If i was unemployed for 12 months there would me more funding and schemes available. cheers

Basically when i enquired about funding at the job centre, i was told that they only have a certain budget for training schemes, the only way i would "possibly" get funding is if i was offered a job (in writing) and several phone calls no doubt which said that without the training i wouldnt be hired. Its an insane catch 22. If i was unemployed for 12 months there would me more funding and schemes available. cheers

i think i can sort you out with a job IF you can guarantee funding for the training, probably better we meet to discuss the finer details, our training centre is in Paisley, send me contact details in a PM and i will get in touch
cheers

Well I must admit I haven't heard so much bulls*** in all my life. To start of Junior Member is looking for a training company to sit his gas training only to find his sister company is a training provider called GPE Training, hahahaha what a joke. This sounds like a scam to me posting on here looking for something when all you are doing is trying to get free advertising.
I must admit I completed my gas training there and yes one of the instructors was good, but whilst on placement which was a con also ( I spent more time doing plumbing) I found out that the units achieved where not an actual full qualification. Without experience they are useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas training scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do appreciated for any advices . MOD* Please use the forum PM Service to contact members! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating source to a heat pump and so I have had a new water cylinder installed (different internal element required). This means that I have a 2.5 year old StainlessLITE Plus Horizontal unvented mains pressure 204L cylinder left over. We had it installed in Jan...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe lack of plumbers available in our area of the North West of Sutherland in Scotland. I have done some pipework, tap replacements and fixed some leaking...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock