Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safety Certificate validity advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheilawasadiver

Hello everyone
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong area, feel free to correct me :sorcerer:

Anyhow, I'm a private renter and wanted a second opinion. I've been given a number of gas safety certificates and have two Qs:
- Is it possible to undertake a gas safety check and issue a gas safety certificate for a device that hasn't yet been installed in the property? (i.e. can it be done before it's connected to the gas mains and signed off as 'safe'). Sounds like a stupid question, but I wouldn't know. The Gas Safety certificate I have was issued for a Logik hob, but there's a receipt for purchase of the hob which has a date one day after the certificate was issued.
- If not, where/who would I go to validate the certificate? Does Gas Safe Register hold them centrally? The engineer is Gas Safe Registered but I wasn't sure if there was a central repository for gas safety certificates.

Many thanks

- Is it possible to undertake a gas safety check and issue a gas safety certificate for a device that hasn't yet been installed in the property? (i.e. can it be done before it's connected to the gas mains and signed off as 'safe').

NOT possible

Could be a simple mistake such as the guy forgot what the correct date was, I`ve done it before on general paperwork.

And welcome to the forum by the way.

Last edited:
Could be a simple mistake such as the guy forgot what the correct date was, I`ve done it before on general paperwork.

And welcome to the forum by the way.

Yeah, always feasible.

Thanks for your response :)

Could it be a new hob to replace old hob exactly the same and cert was issued for the old hob?

Could it be a new hob to replace old hob exactly the same and cert was issued for the old hob?
However if the original hob had failed inspection and needed replacement then it shouldn't have had a cert issued. I'm with the opinion that it was a simple date error, however OP is in his rights to get it reissued for clarity.

anyway a new appliance is not subject to needing the certificate until its been in for a year

I have a Gas Safety certificate from Nov '13 for a Baumatic hob, then one following for a Logik hob in Jul '14. No mention on Nov '13 of the hob being a duff.

anyway a new appliance is not subject to needing the certificate until its been in for a year

Thanks. :45:But a gas cert wouldn't have been issued for a hob that wasn't yet installed in the property, surely?

Who installed the new hob?

The same person did both certificates and installed the hob according to the invoice, but as previously stated the hob was purchased the day after the gas safety certificate.

Thanks!

is there a safety concern with the hob in question?

1st thing to do if you wish is to contact the engineer and ask about the hob. It sounds like a case of the wrong date being recorded as the date are close to one another.

is the receipt a printed one from the shop that sold the hob?

is there a safety concern with the hob in question?

1st thing to do if you wish is to contact the engineer and ask about the hob. It sounds like a case of the wrong date being recorded as the date are close to one another.

is the receipt a printed one from the shop that sold the hob?

Hi there, thanks for responding. It's not actually my hob. There was a water leak from my apartment into the apartment below, which is said to have damaged to hob beyond repair. Got the receipts (yep, printed from the shop) and gas safety certificates, and insurers questioning inconsistency in dates. Just trying to sort it out! :)

How long was the leak going for? I think your downstairs neighbour is chancing it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safety Certificate validity advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all gas engineers. While doing landlord’s gas safety , if gas hob do not have data badge or manual . How can we test it for safe to use ??
Replies
Views
The self-certification certificate states that "....the work was carried out in accordance with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, as well as other relevant industry standards" I would be very grateful to know what you think "other relevant industry standards" are, please? Also...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm new on the forum, I'm a gas service and repair engineer rather than a plumber. I used to work for a big company, now self employed. I do some install work too but nothing too big as I work alone and to be honest I'm not quick enough at installation work and not experienced in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock