Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe for smart meter trainee engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai

Hello all, looking for a new job and trainee smart meter fitter in a fourteen week course turned up. The course involves a mix of classroom and field instruction and lasts fourteen weeks, the recruiter states the course is part self funded and the rest by an employer. Is fourteen weeks enough to go from novice to gas safe? I was thinking of real world competency rather than ticking boxes. And if anyone has any experience of the job, is it worth getting into? Thanks for any help.

You won't be fully gas safe just enough for meter swaps / fitting

And yes more than enough time

I'd already looked into gas safe courses and got a price, the meter course is roughly the same cost when the employers contribution is added so I'd assumed it was the whole gas safe course. After looking in more detail I see you are right, it's only part qualified. I'll give this one a miss, ÂŁ2000 up front and self funding during training is too much of a hit for me to get half a qualification.Ta very much Shaun.
Checked the original communication from the recruiter, just says one of the qualifications will be 'gas safe registered', should really specify part gas safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe for smart meter trainee engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock