Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe for Eternity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2053

Very distressing article in the news today about Capita's schools information management system sending a letter to the parents of a recently deceased teenager demanding their daughter improve her attendance at school OR ELSE.

Seems that this closes what may have been the last avenue of escape from the gas safe register!

oh dear. sad.

lets hope this is computer error, they happen...

but lets give them a chance as gas safe. we can judge them in a couple of months
otherwise a return to corgi. no ta.

shaun

I spent 30 years in the computer industry, and there is no such thing as a computer error. Only errors made by the people that write or manage the systems. But as you say, let's give Capita a chance. We haven't really much alternative.

this sort of thing is always gonna happen with computerised system which are designed for handling massive amounts of accounts billing notification etc
who would think of cross referencing deceased school children against there mail out lists
no one can forsee every eventuallity
this country is being run by lawyers and accountants nowadays we used to insure against accidents now we insure against liability the word accident should be removed from all dictionaries as there is now no such thing someone is almost always deemed liable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe for Eternity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock