Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe Engineer required in Greater Manchester area. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sleepyseann

Hi, I have an issue with my Combi Boiler (Ravenheat CSI85 AAA(T)). I know it isn't the best boiler but it serves a purpose and the time I've had its been great. It works fantastic from a Hot Water point of view, you run the tap and the boiler kicks in the water heats up. But the Central Heating on the other hand is a different story, for some reason it has stopped working. It hasn't been on for a few months as we haven't needed it on however this appears to be the worst decision I've made as the Central Heating now doesn't turn on.

The fan is working, as is a the pump and as mentioned above the Hot Water is fully functional. I have a Nest Thermostat which is also working correctly however when you switch on the Central Heating it still won't kick in, I've tried to use the Boiler directly and the same result. It is almost as if the 'manual' button on the Boiler itself to turn the Central Heating on isn't functioning properly, either that or the part it's sending the 'message' to turn on to isn't working.

I have no fault code as one hasn't shown up and as far as I can see the Boiler is working and functioning correctly apart one this one feature. I can see there is no issue with the Thermostat and the Boiler is fully functional from a Hot Water point of view so i limited the fault down to either; 1) electrical fault - whereby the 'switch on' message isn't being recieved by the parts or 2) part failure - whereby the 'switch on' message is being recieved by the parts however due to the parts being broken it cant turn on the Central Heating.

If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be and also let me know how much it would cost to fix (roughly) and how long it would take to fix I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

You've got it in winter mode the round winter summer button on the front?

You've got it in winter mode the round winter summer button on the front?

Hi SilentMike, yes I have it in Winter mode. When I press the manual button on the Timer I can press it to go from On, On Auto, Off, Off Auto and then back to On again and the Boiler would normally fire up and the Central Heating would kick in, if I wasn't using the Thermostat. However now when I do that nothing happens, no noise, no nothing yet I can walk to the kitchen sink and run the Hot tap and the Boiler will fire right up. Just to confirm Winter mode is turned on.

Thank you

Thank you for posting this.

If this job is for you please pm the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineer required in Greater Manchester area. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock