Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Gas Restrictor Elbow help! in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dan Newsham

Dan Newsham New Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Pulling gas fires around may damage the flue arrangements, which is dangerous for your and your family. Carbon monoxide has no smell and is a killer. Messing with gas restrictors and seals is also dangerous. Even its not leaking now if the seal wasn't remade correctly it could start doing so in the future.

Get a Gas Safe engineer to service the fire and check all is well. Tell them what you did and why so they can make sure you haven't damaged anything. If you want to clean behind the fire and there is no other way (like a long radiator brush) get the GSR to help with disconnecting and reconnecting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan Newsham

Dan Newsham New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll call my plumber tomorrow and ask him to take a look at it for me.

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Why has the original been deleted? Presume it wasn’t good:eek::eek::eek:

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Op has edited it

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Thought so.