Search the forum,

Discuss gas rating button meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin b

Gas Engineer
How do you gas rate token or new smart meters. ive tried to get a two minute reading but its not accurate.

There was a gas safe notice on how todo this a few months ago

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

They're a pain martin :) I'm sure there's a procedure you can follow, give Gas Safe a ring they may have some info they can email you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Press A, then press A again to display the reading. Press A for the first time about 30 seconds before you need your accurate reading. Then with 10 seconds to go press B to update it and it will be within 1 second of being correct.

GAS RATE ~ CARD METER
operate the appliance @ max rate setting

1. Press & release button A…. please wait….£7.54 ON
2. Press & release button A, = amount owed. ie, ÂŁ5.00 on Owed
ensure that ON is displayed in the Right Hand top corner.
If OFF, is either out of credit or the anti-tamper device triggered.
3. Press and release button A. Static index is then displayed
Meter Index…….0000.861 m3
4. Press and release button B and start stop watch at the same time.
Please wait..... appears again
Current index appears in approx 10 seconds.
Meter Index…….000.871m3.………..Record this as your first reading.
5. After approx 60 seconds display will go out (hibernate) do nothing.
6. At 90 seconds wake up the display by repeating steps 1,2 & 3.
On exactly 2 minutes Press and release button B.
Meter Index……0000.879m3 An updated index appears
Record this as your second index reading.
Calculate gas rate/heat input in normal manner for a metric meter.

& if you cant remember it....get it laminated.
my prob is forgetting where it is.lol.

I'm not saying what is written above doesn't work - i don't know! But it's not how it's suggested you do it by the manufacturer and Gassafe TB112.
TB112 won't allow me to copy and paste but basically it says once you push The A button it take your first reading at that point even though it might take you 20 seconds to get to the reading by scrolling past other info.
So all you need to do is:
Push A and start stop watch at same time - then scroll using A button to find the reading. Write it down. let it go back to sleep.
After two minutes Push A again (it takes the new reading that instant) and then scroll past the credit info etc. When you get to the reading it will be your second reading.
Simples some might say!
But it had me stumped a couple of times.

The way red explains it above is the way I have been doing it for years and is about as good as you are going to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas rating button meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had to gas rate on an E6 meter in a dark, muddy basement the other day. No place to put down tools. I stayed there for two minutes only to find out the meter index had not updated at all. Obviously the cooker was burning gas. I press the red button at the beginning and the end. Has anyone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a replacement for a faulty meter about 3 years ago. The installer at the time told me it was not a Smart meter. The energy company is insisting its a SMETS1 -...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Two loop UFH system heating 24M2 with lots of glass. Loop lenghts 90M each X 16MM OD piping UFH output 9.52kw. flow/return 55C/34C, dT 21C fowrates, 3.0LPM & 3.5LPM = 6.5LPM total Boiler Vaillant Ecotec plus 438. flow/return 65C/59C due to high recirc rate required to get the boiler away at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock