Search the forum,

Discuss Gas probation inspection help please!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hussaia26

I am gas engineer and I have recently applied for my own gas safe registration. I received a letter explaining my local inspector will be visiting me. Could someone please go through there experience when visited by the inspectors. I don't know what they're like but I am not looking forward to it been stressing over it. Since I have gone working for myself my gas work has been very quite just done a few servicing and landlord safteys. Some help would be much appreciated

Just find a house with a gas boiler, even if you have not fitted it. He will be checking you out on basics.

Will he make me do things like standing pressure working pressure at meter and inlet pressure a gas rate checking the appliance before hand? Does he speak to u before about gas safe? And will he wanna see all three jobs? Because they're all service jobs. I read some post they seem like nice guys who want to help and not power drunk but thought id ask someone who's been through it

Pretty much all of what you said. Will need a calibration certificate for your fga.
If you only do servicing, tell him that.
You can use a phone app for gas rating.

Cool just bit worried but should be ok thanks for the advice never been inspected before

I had my gas safe inspection a couple of months back and stressed like crazy before the day. He turned up, said "two sugars in mine, make it strong" and after that it was a breeze!

They're not there to catch you out but to make sure you're competent so as long as you know your stuff then no problem

Good idea mate is to get your paperwork in order and let him see you're serious about Gas Safety and KEEP records. Nothing looks better than showing a Gas Safe inspector your file with gas records in, a calibrated FGA like said above.

I purchased a FGA arrived on Friday. I have a box with the gas saftey pad service pad all my Warning labels ID AR ldf. I have all that in one place which I will be showing him. I have that all in place I have my citb book that I got given from college rang the manufacturers for the instructions on the appliance I will be servicing. New seals for the burner etc does that sound ok or I'm I reading to much in to the inspection I've prepared well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas probation inspection help please!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock