Search the forum,

Discuss gas portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richie1

Hi I have just completed my ccm1 and appliances exams and have to gather my portfolio I have been working with someone doing gas work I was just looking for some suggestions on what the exam board are looking for with the portfolio
Thanks

eh:confused:

your meant to gather you portfolio before you even take the exams:confused:

wich training centre/college have you done these exams at, and how have you managed to take the exams without having worked with an rgi and building a porfolio prior to sitting the exams??

Hi I have done the majority of my portfolio already but just want to make sure i dont miss anything

Start off with a appendix list.
Example:
Appendix 1 Let by test
Appendix 2 tightness test​

And go on like that covering a wide spectrum of works including purging,gas rates,ventillation,appliance types,open flue appliances etc.There is plenty to cover.Also include under the supervision of a Rgi servicing,installing etc etc....

forgot to add they will want a letter from your employer confirming your work duties.​

Last edited by a moderator:
eer something is wrong here you are meant to have a completed portfolio of evidence before you take the exams as its a bit pointless building a portfolio after
can only assume you have attended maybe a Roy Rodgers Gas Accademy !!!

my point exactly newbie1, somethings a miss here could the person who did the op explain to us how hes managed to do this:confused:

its impossible to do the exams prior to doing a portfolio, otherwise what would be the point of it all.

puddle rightly edited my post as it seemed to be a personal attack on richie1
it wasnt but more at how someone has been allowed to take ccn1/cen1 without having produced a complete signed off portfolio of evidence which isnt a joke its a serious matter as if a college/center is allowing students to take exams without proving hands on experience then this is wrong

richie what centre are you training at

dont understand,
as i thought you can take it all but g.s.r wont register you unless you can proove competance to which criteria is set by the training provider ie 50 jobs.

in other words, obtaining a acs just means you can be employed under a registered company working or training on their ticket?????.

I'll be sitting ACS soon and the training centre I use won't allow you to take them until you have your hours. 80+ hrs for CCN1, 160+ hrs for CCN1 & one other element, or 200+ for CCN1 and as many elements as you'd like.

dont understand,
as i thought you can take it all but g.s.r wont register you unless you can proove competance to which criteria is set by the training provider ie 50 jobs.

in other words, obtaining a acs just means you can be employed under a registered company working or training on their ticket?????.

no to take acs you must either be cat 1 ie working for a company and prove you have been working on gas with an engineer or have a signed off portfolio of evidence before taking acs

hi thanks for your replys didnt take it personally, i am working with a company I didnt have to produce it before hand because i have done it with my NVQ level 3 and have have been building it up over the two years just wanted to put in as much as possible into my portfolio

so please could you tell us what the purpose of the portfolio is for then:confused:

or am i just been toatally thinck??

you have to complete so many hours of work to meet the criteria which I have completed was just looking for someone who has done the portfolio because I wanted to make sure it was correct. Just so people know I have done a four year apprenticeship completing nvq2 and 3 which includes your gas exams.

richie1, i am fully aware you have to do a portfolio of eveidence prior to sitting your acs exams.

if you have done an apprenticeship and already passed your acs exams why do you now need a portfolio of eveidence???

please answer the question you have been asked- why do you need to get a portfolio together when you have already passed your acs exams, its a simple question.

please dont take it the wrong way, cause im not having a go but what your keep posting doesnt add up.

also to add why are you looking for people to ask to see if its correct, if you were on an apprenticeship surely your tutors, work place recorders would tell you if you had filled it in and obtained correct evidence required??

My ACS was NICEIC and when i booked my ACS they checked that my porfolio was complete,then after taking and passing, the cover sheet in your portfolio goes of with all your other paperwork to them to finally issue certification.
ie;no portfolio or at least a compleated full one no certification!
Also there is a time limit so if it isnt there in so long u may have to redo your ACS!
I know this because my GS engineer who i was working with forgot to sign one of the forms and was out of the country for 4 x weeks
I WAS Sweating bullets!
Id be having some choice words with the training center may be another case of being interested in the money and not the candidate!
Good luck

I'll be sitting ACS soon and the training centre I use won't allow you to take them until you have your hours. 80+ hrs for CCN1, 160+ hrs for CCN1 & one other element, or 200+ for CCN1 and as many elements as you'd like.

if you want some training tutorials send me a PM, they are good practice, not sure if you have started yet, but you would be better waiting until you have had some training before you try them

hello is there any chance you could pm me these tutorials if u still have them.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock