Search the forum,

Discuss Gas portfolio writing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SPUD94

Hi im just in the process of writing up my Gas portfolio...

I have included all of the following descriptions for the boiler installations i have completed..

Visual Inspection
Description of work carried out (existing gas run, flue termination, flue analysis etc)
Standing Pressure
Working Pressure
Explain tighness test etc...

I want to know if I have to include calculations for Pipe Sizing on the installations I have worked on.. I know how to pipe size but the some most of the installations I worked on were like for like installs where the boiler was the same KW and required the same flow of gas m3/hr.

Anyone who has had to complete a gas portfolio know if this is a requirement or remember if they needed to include calculations for pipe sizing of the installation...

i would and also pipework drop also actual and worked out

There is no written-in-stone requirement to write up pipe sizing calculations. Many engineers use phone apps anyway. However, if you actually did calculations why not include them?

Like for like or not, it would be worthwhile to include the pipe calcs. They could be illuminating. e.g. one boiler I changed out recently had a monster run in 22mm copper, I thought no way is that going to comply. Anyway did a pressure check before I changed the boiler and it was 9mBar at the boiler inlet.. lol - ended up replacing all the pipework back to the meter in steel....

I have included all of the following descriptions for the boiler installations i have completed..

Visual Inspection
Description of work carried out (existing gas run, flue termination, flue analysis etc)
Standing Pressure
Working Pressure

I want to know if I have to include calculations for Pipe Sizing on the installations I have worked on.. I know how to pipe size but the some most of the installations I worked on were like for like installs where the boiler was the same KW and required the same flow of gas m3/hr.

Anyone who has had to complete a gas portfolio know if this is a requirement or remember if they needed to include calculations for pipe sizing of the installation...

Hi there,

Each academy will requitre slightly different stuff.

I would suggest it doesn't harm to get calculations as well as faults of pipework any other issue you were able to find on site. I'd take a picture and write it up what was wrong and how it should be done so you are on the safe site ...

Regrads

Ron

Visual Inspection
Standing Pressure
Working Pressure

Hi there,

Each academy will requitre slightly different stuff.

I would suggest it doesn't harm to get calculations as well as faults of pipework any other issue you were able to find on site. I'd take a picture and write it up what was wrong and how it should be done so you are on the safe site ...

Regrads

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas portfolio writing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am looking for a company to help me complete my gas portfolio as close to Norwich as I can. I have scoured the internet but can only find London. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock