Search the forum,

Discuss Gas mains upgrade sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Hi gas gurus,

Job come through today I went round to price. 3 flats being fully converted, Gas Meter downstairs (on ground floor had gas) service come in approx 1 inch steel and then has ecv on.

Customers had British gas round to fit new meters in each flat and was told he'll need a gas engineer to fit supply pipework and ecvs on each floor to connect the meters up.

New one to me and piping it up is the easy part I suppose, how do we go about sizing a pipe to supply 2 possibly 3 meters?

Tried to make as much sense as possible.

Cheers

they must be keeping / fitting a primary meter then, else it would be down to the suppliers / networks to connect up to new meter positions

at a guess a u16 would just cope as a primary and then secondary after

tbh i think the customers a bit confused

best option is you to phone bg up when your onsite

Reply to Gas mains upgrade sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock