Search the forum,

Discuss Gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. As I've just passed my acs qualifications I'm wondering what the best gas analyser is for me to get? Any ideas or recommendations?

Best testo
Most reliable / robust tpi
Cheapest to maintain Jane 455
One u all have and use but wish u had a testo anton Evo 2

Had a tpi for years and still going strong,before that had a Kane,another super machine,but like the operation of the tpi,,,,used a Aston Sprint on re-assessment recently..lots of good reports..but did not float my boat really...

I prefer anton, but then again i don't pay for the downtime or the calibration costs.........

Testo for me , but the 330, not the 327,

I use Kane and love it but seems to cost me ÂŁ200 in parts everytime it goes for calibration. Although could be the way I treat it.

I wanted Kane ÂŁ455 with kit, but expensive. I thought it would be worth it due to the easy to use dial and the 5 year life cells. But it is about near ÂŁ150 for each year calibration sending from here. They cost you a lot over a few years & it takes you to work out a yearly cost.
I got the Testo in the end.

Isn't the testo the most expensive? They are all expensive tbh. No one is a fan of the Anton sprints then?

Isn't the testo the most expensive? They are all expensive tbh. No one is a fan of the Anton sprints then?

You probably will want a complete kit - printer etc, which is cheaper that way. You will be around the ÂŁ600 for most of them. Work out the probable cost of ownership over a few years for real cost.
I do oil so I have the cheaper Testo 310 kit, but it still will cost ÂŁ200 a year averaged out. You might be better to consider buying a new bare analyser when, after a few years you need a big service on your old one & just sell the old analyser for a few quid.

Ive just bought a Anton sprint v1 off a forum member and I'm very impressed with it, although I've only ever used a regin before

Ive just bought a Anton sprint v1 off a forum member and I'm very impressed with it, although I've only ever used a regin before

I was using same one for a while and I found it really easy to use. Costs to repair still a lot. The bare analyser isn't much dearer sometimes. My thinking is when you need to pay ÂŁ200 -ÂŁ300 for repairs it might be best to buy a new unit only & you also will have a year or two warranty

I use a Kane 455, a good piece of kit once you figure out how to charge it.
I'm originally an Anton man which I prefer, I've still got my Sprint 2 in case my employer goes wonky and I need an fga.

Our firm been using Anton for over 10 years, we've got 2x evo 2 .Easy to use and reasonable calibration prices also 5 year warranty.

I used to use an Anton. I dont know why but I never really got on with it. Cant say there was anything wrong with it etc just didnt like it.
Having said that the first analyser I used was a Kane.
So I got a Kane 455 a year and a bit ago, and I much prefer that to use. Just had it calibrated and was not expensive to get done and very quick turn around from JMW.
I guess if you can borrow one for a day and see how you get on with it?

I really like my kane 455 I had 250 before that was also good, Anton sprint is also good I like the sniffer on it handy

Always had TPI until November last year and I bought the Kane 455 CPA1 kit. Their Northern service centre isn't too far away either so that's a bonus. Am very pleased with it.

I have always used Anton. Started off with a Sprint v2, all good and I have just bought another Anton, an eVo1 - depends on what fuels you are working on. I like the UI, but as said if you are just starting out then you will need the printer as well. See what Anton do kit wise, you may be able to a deal if you have a talk to them.

I use an anton, good machine but put in into a flue where the gas valve hasn't been set and your in trouble! Takes ages to clear itself and sometime kills the co sensor. Not sure of other analysers are the same though.

I use an anton, good machine but put in into a flue where the gas valve hasn't been set and your in trouble! Takes ages to clear itself and sometime kills the co sensor. Not sure of other analysers are the same though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock