Search the forum,

Discuss Garden Tap Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darkness

Hi, I just purchased the Hozelock Connection Set because I was trying to connect my hosepipe to my garden tap. It comes with 1/2" and 3/4" connectors which seem to be way too big for the tap. I measured the tap and it's about 13/14mm in diameter and it has "BS1010-2" engraved on the side. I can't seem to find what connector I need to connect the hosepipe? Any help would be appreciated. You can find a picture of the tap below.

2017-03-12 08.10.04.jpg2017-03-12 08.10.09.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7n8180413res0f/2017-03-12 08.10.04.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you unscrewed the spigot to thread on the 3/4 adaptor ?
Looks pretty standard

I didn't even realise you could take that off. :blush2:

I tried it and it does fit but it won't stay on, possibly because it's plastic and I wonder if I should buy a metal connector instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Garden Tap Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line cut-off. WEATHER PROBLEM - its worked fine for years EXCEPT twice now I've had split pipe due to freezing (at -8C ) despite foam protection. My thinking -...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line cut-off. WEATHER PROBLEM - its works fine for years EXCEPT twice now I've had split pipe due to freezing (at -8C ) despite foam protection. My thinking -...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of the old broken connector still screws on but the 3/4 ones I've bought don't fit. I've thought of buying female brass hosepipe connector might solve...
Replies
Views
J
I bought a Hozelock tap to hose fitting, though it doesn't fit the tap. The diameter appears to be 22mm. I desperately need a fitting for a hose to water some plants, as running back and forth with a watering can seems so unnecessary. Can anyone point me to what I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony at one end of the property is connected to a combined water/sewage system with the...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock