Search the forum,

Discuss Garage internal wall insulation options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there excuse the mess in the pictures i am currently doing a lot of garden work. I am looking to insulate the garage wall internally. the garage is my little get away for my DIY jobs, guitar and soon to be gym.
Any ideas how i can go about insulating the internal wall (right hand side) and back wall i have plans for the garage door bricking it up double door fitted insulating and the roof space.
Im not sure if i need moisture barriers breathable barriers special plasterboard or if i can use poly slabs with orb board.
Any suggestions or ideas welcome, cheers!

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_9305.JPG

TBH

Stud it out and use 2-3” rigid foam and then osb over the top

Yes Shaun! that was one of the options, i was wanting to know if it was a good option. Cheers Jon for your input. I like this site because of the experience on here, its great when you get a proper mature answer to your question. :p

TBH

Stud it out and use 2-3” rigid foam and then osb over the top

You must leave an air gap though and cut holes to allow it to breath behind the insulation. Also, make sure its proper tight tween uprights. Kingspan site is a great resource TBH.
WARNING - ANAL... Get the correct OSB. They come in diff grades for moisture.

Ben , I wish I had a tenner for every home gym I have seen that never gets used .
Get yourself to a propper gym pal , its the only way lol

Ha! You underestimate the determination and dedication of an ex boot neck. I have had garage gyms in my previous 7 homes it’s the only way I train. Plus I don’t get distracted by all those lovely spandex legs.

Ha! You underestimate the determination and dedication of an ex boot neck. I have had garage gyms in my previous 7 homes it’s the only way I train. Plus I don’t get distracted by all those lovely spandex legs.
You must be an exception pal but good luck to ya , I find I have to go to the gym , couldnt train at home.
Loads of equipment and good crack with the lads .

Cheera mate, I know what you mean a gym is nice and warm all propper equipment and bit of a social but I’m anti social and have 3 kids and a wife and two dogs I ain’t got the time to be going to the gym plus I live in Wales now the local gym doubles up as the kids park slides for hill sprints swings for rope climbs :p thanks for your input on the thread I will post a picture when I’m done not that your that interested but I will do it anyway.

police said someone stole some guns from their armoury!
I found them in my garage gym :p

I noticed my garage floor ain’t level so I best start with that first, i best go find a bricky forum before someone comes at me with a this is a plumbers forum again.

81EC5C9C-21C4-4CC2-9A9A-EFC93905DF63.jpeg

You don’t need holes for ventilation. That would let warm wet air into a cold space, where it would condense.

I have lived in a house with sold brick walls for 40 years. I installed a stud wall attached to the brick, using 3”x2” timber, in the first few years living here. The space was filled with fibre glass / mineral wool. Polystyrene would have been better ... but expensive then. Now you could use celotex, or similar, even better. A vapour barrier was stapled to the wooden frame, (polythene) followed by plasterboard. People thought I was mad at the time. ... I was using 25000 kwhr of gas before the work was done throughout the house. Now it’s down to 7000 kwhr, but we do use a wood burner as well in the evenings. That might give off another 4000 kwhr.

I’m a bit geeky about such things!

So studs up poly board or Earth wool. Vapour barrier on top of it all then plaster board?!
I was playing my guitar in there tonight and it was a bit nippy, that might explain the bum notes I hit.

Reply to Garage internal wall insulation options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock