Discuss full install - pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 102951

Hi all
Im new here... and new to any type of plumbing...
I have a bit of a project - see attached.
Could someone please help me with the following:
Im going to use an IDEAL VOGUE C40 GEN2. is this ok for this installation?
Have I got the pipework ok for this installation?
Am I be better off doing everything in copper or should I use HEP20 everywhere apart from where its chased into walls?
Can I use 15mm piping everywhere or should I use 22mm?
Any advice much appreciated
Thanks
legepe

Plumbing1.jpg

Drawings look ok if you were a heating and plumbing engineer ? I dont think you would need to ask dont forget everything needs to be done to the building regulations or you will not get it signed off by building control and anything Gas related needs doing by a Registered Gas safe installer. Kop

Are you going to install the central heating yourself? Based on your post it seems like it and wouldn’t recommend you touching it but getting an expert out who is gas safe registered. He will definitely help you to design the system as well as answering you all the relevant questions. However. If I was you and it was scratch I would definitely run all in copper.

Are you going to install the central heating yourself? Based on your post it seems like it and wouldn’t recommend you touching it but getting an expert out who is gas safe registered. He will definitely help you to design the system as well as answering you all the relevant questions. However. If I was you and it was scratch I would definitely run all in copper.
Where you been hiding mate?

I’m not being funny mate. We are a plumbing forum but to advise and design someone’s system for free from scratch is a bit much
Hey.. happy days.. when can you get round to have a look..

Only joking obviously.. I am just here for advice and not to be judged ..! any good advice very much welcome..!

Reading most of your posts here ive obviously stumbled accross the wrong place..!

The right forum mate. Just posted in the wrong area of the forum. You need to be Gas Safe to post it in the correct area of this forum.

Criticising professional people who you expect to help you for free. Wow good luck with that.

hi, whats your water supply pressure and flow rate?

assuming a combi...... 22mm flow and returns 15mm off this to rads (maybe 10mm in walls if rad is not a great output) 15mm hot , 22mm primary cold 15mm to fixtures(best first tee to feed combi)

gas must be sized and installed by a gas safe engineer. boiler must be installed by a gas safe engineer. (including fixing to wall)

Not at all mate. Genuine question.
I am not hiding just being busy before Christmas. Trying to do as much as I can but slowing down now as it’s getting closer to Christmas. Scheduling works for new year. How have you been ? Aren’t you busy before Christmas, I bet you are :)

I am not hiding just being busy before Christmas. Trying to do as much as I can but slowing down now as it’s getting closer to Christmas. Scheduling works for new year. How have you been ? Aren’t you busy before Christmas, I bet you are :)
Lucky enough to be busy most of the time mate. But I like it on here and find it quite addictive. Looking forward to Christmas though.

Lucky enough to be busy most of the time mate. But I like it on here and find it quite addictive. Looking forward to Christmas though.
I find it addictive too ... but sometimes I feel like people come on here to wind us up ... I don’t get the impression that they really need help but trying to fool us. I can only admit I like it too and it’s a great thing to share knowledge.

hi, whats your water supply pressure and flow rate?

assuming a combi.... 22mm flow and returns 15mm off this to rads (maybe 10mm in walls if rad is not a great output) 15mm hot , 22mm primary cold 15mm to fixtures(best first tee to feed combi)

gas must be sized and installed by a gas safe engineer. boiler must be installed by a gas safe engineer. (including fixing to wall)

Hi and thanks for the advice.
I should have made it clear at the start i guess... I have someone to do the installation for me who is gas safe registered.
I just wanted an independent opinion on whether its best to use copper or plastic. and as I am supplying them with all materials I need to know how much pipe and how many fittings to get. Thats why I did the drawing to see how much pipe i would need, just not sure if it is the best way to run the pipes?
Thanks again...
legepe

very hard to give you exact lists tbh, whats the flooring and joist system?

copper is the best option if suitable plastic if pulmbing from below into ceiling space. plastic 10mm drops may be better than copper into electrical boxes or triangles. best ask your plumber.

list to start you off:

15m of 28mm copper pipe
45m of 22mm copper pipe
60m of 15mm copper pipe
50m coil of 10mm copper pipe
10 x 28mm elbows
2 x 28mm 45 elbows
4 x 28mm couplers
2 x 28mm equal tee
4 x 28x22mm reducers
1 x 28mm cap end
50 x 22mm elbows
10 x 22mm couplers
4 x 22mm st elbows
4 x 22mm equal tee
4 x 22x22x15mm tee
4 x 22x15x22mm tee
4 x 22x15mm reducer
4 x 22mm cap end
70 x 15mm elbows
12 x 15mm couplers
16 x 15mm tees
20 x 15x10mm reducers
4 x 15mm cap end
2 x rolls of hair felt lagging
1 x roll of lead free solder
1 x tub of flux
1 x bottle of mapp gas
2 x boxes of 4x75mm screws
2 x boxes of 4x40mm screws
1 x box of 5x60mm screw
1x box of brown wall plugs
1 x bag of 15mm nail clips
1 x bag of 10mm nail clips
1 x bag of 22mm nail clips
2 x rolls of 50mm yellow insulation tap
12m of 2x2 timber

if plastic also
150 x 15mm inserts
100 x 22mm inserts
25 x 10mm inserts
34m of 2x2 timber

plastic needs clipping/ supports every 300 to 500mm

Most plumbing and heating suppliers will supply you with a heating pack which will contain all the main components fittings ,and pipe you need , if this is new build then its plastic under floors and where not visable and copper on show. Refurb then you can get away with copper which in my opinion is far superior. Kop

As above really. Copper is by far superior and when installed I would won’t to make sure it’s will be insulated with armaflex. If you use plastic then I would only use crimping rather than pushfits. Me personally I would use a combi storage boiler rather than an unvented cylinder but that’s preference. If you ask plenty of plumbers you’ll see that everyone of them may have a different idea of installing such a new system.

plastic costs more for materials but labour is alot less. also most newbuilds are done from below in ceiling for health and safety and constructions reasons. most joist systems make it very hard to install lengths of copper without damage.

the only new builds that are normally all copper are one offs and national trust type housing associations.

Why can't you get away with copper throughout on a new build kop?
you can bud but if you have to go through joists it's a nightmare of a job pricing against the plastic boys we will be alot more expensive sometimes you need to match your competitors

Reply to full install - pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back