Search the forum,

Discuss Frozen pip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lcsongor

Hello,

I am new around here, not even a plumber, but I need a high quality engineering advice on the following issue:
- I live in Romania, the country of all possibilities and lots of stupid people. I have bought an apartment in a flat with 154 apartments (small apartments, 1 bedroom and one living room each) which has been ready (as a building) and the pipe work has been made. Each apartment has one own thermo box, that heats the water for the hot water from the tap and the water that heats the radiators.
Well, Romania is not exactly a very warm country this time of the year, and the Italian company that was supposed to install the natural gases (methane) to the building has been delayed a lot.
The guys from Ferroli, the ones who provided the heating installations have filled the systems with water BEFORE the big frost has came but drained them right before the frost. Even though they have drained the system of water, some water has remained in the systems and therefore ice plugs have been formed all around, so now that we have natural gases to heat with, we wanted to start up the heating boxes, but we found that the the pipes were clogged with ice and we couldn't fill the system with water as these these ice deposits didn't let the water through.

Does anybody know any method beside waiting for spring to defrost the pipes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Frozen pip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock