Search the forum,

Discuss Freeze master or Rothenburg rofrost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint 1979

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Freeze master 280 or Rothenburg rofrost 28??
Which is the better and why??
I have read that the clamps with bungee straps on the freeze master can get into awkward spots but what's the reliability like on both?
Figure if I'm going to be spending around £800 I may as well ask the people that know!
Cheers all

I've have the freezemaster and never had any problems with it. So I can only comment on that 1. But i like the bungee clamps. Holds it nice and tight. Easy to get off after the job is done also. I tend to wrap plenty of rags around the freeze heads, aids a lot with the freezeing process. Heavy unit to carry around tho and also, the 240v cable isn't very long so if working on high pipework a platform and extension lead is needed.

Mines a freezemaster , great piece of kit , dont have the bungee clamps , mines that old it still has the original g clamps. Cable ties work well though .
Just a word of warning though , if it has to go back it is generally very expensive.

My Rofrost Turbo does upto 42mm. I find it bob on. The clamps do have clamp on screws which can get in the way but I zip tie the clamps on and don't use them if that's the situation. I do like the clamps though because they tell you the temperature of the pipe not the head so you know when it gets to -19 you're good to go.

If I was buying again I would look at this.

Rems or freeze master

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freeze master or Rothenburg rofrost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock