Search the forum,

Discuss Freeze kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keepittight

Draining down just for a couple of valves can be a real pain, but I have been told a good freeze kit is like a £1000.00 is that correct or are there freeze kits that work fine on domestic repairs and breakdowns for a lot cheaper outlay?

Thank you.

buy the cans or try the rothenburgur rrrr kit for around £80 ,3 cans and a choice of adaptors 2 of each, I managed to freeze a live cold water pipe 22mm in order to cap it off, in a newly decorated and carpeted office, they forgot to remove the old pipework first and no one would let me turn off the mains into the school!!, the ice block held for around 60 seconds, long enough to cut and cap (just)

I have a REMS Frigo 2 electric freezer which freezes up to 2" pipe.
It is an excellent piece of kit that I would hate to be without.
I think they are available for around £620 plus vat.
I got mine second hand off ebay.
It will freeze 15mm copper in around 4 mins, 22mm in about 7.
The advantage these have over the spray or co2 types is that as long as you have electricity the pipe stays frozen, you can go for a fortnight in Benidorm if you like and it will still be frozen when you get back

I have a REMS Frigo 2 electric freezer which freezes up to 2" pipe.
It is an excellent piece of kit that I would hate to be without.
I think they are available for around £620 plus vat.
I got mine second hand off ebay.
It will freeze 15mm copper in around 4 mins, 22mm in about 7.
The advantage these have over the spray or co2 types is that as long as you have electricity the pipe stays frozen, you can go for a fortnight in Benidorm if you like and it will still be frozen when you get back

yeah but, I use the cans (£20), charge the custards £620 and then I go on holiday for 2 weeks to benidorm:D:D:D

oldplumber, how did you manage to freeze the cold mains with 3 tins?

i also have the rems frigo 2 - even got a free bodywarmer with it, not bad for 1k
one of the most usefull bits of kit i have, it works extremly well, i charge the customer the rental of it 50 quid a time - same as smiths hire.

I dont have to lie to the customer either to get my holidays !!

I told those in charge that it may not work, that flooding was likely and they insisted I have a go as the head wanted his office on the monday and it was friday, so they signed a disclaimer I had them type up, used 2 cans on the pipe work and waited till you here that lovely cracking noise from the plug and cut away very fast - wacked on a comp cap end and tightened, you could hear the plug fail about 20 seconds later!!!! I wouldnt try it again as the old sphincter was really puckered up, but needs must and they paid well.

Am saving up for an electric kit but havent really needed one yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freeze kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New homeowner. I was trying to prep for winter by draining the outside hose. I thought I found the right valve, turned it off and ran the water outside. The water didn't stop flowing so I figured it was the wrong valve. Went back inside to find that the shower head in my basement washroom was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run of 6 or 7. When tested by Affinity Water no other houses seemed to be drawing water. If you were to run a hose and another house draws water the...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
D
Hello Had a search but cannot find the exact answer. We have an electric hot water cylinder which has a feeder tank on top. The feeder tank is filled by the cold main water. The problem is when the cold tank refills the mains pressure makes quite a loud noise disturbing the bedroom underneath...
Replies
Views
DistantHillsBB
D
R
Right first off can I apologise if I make no sense at all, I’m not entirely sure what is what but I’ll try giving you as much of the story as I can and hopefully (and I really would be grateful) you could help me. In March my heating started making a terrible noise. Real clunky noise. We...
Replies
Views
tommytoker
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock