Search the forum,

Discuss Free CSCS Card | Free Plumbers CSCS Cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Free CSCS Card | Free Plumbers CSCS Cards

If you're looking for free CSCS cards, and you meet the general requirements, then please do contact our training centres who may be able to help you out.

[DLMURL="http://www.chasetiling.co.uk"]Tiling Courses and Tiling training From Chase Tiling Academy and Construction Assessment Group[/DLMURL] (they also do plumbing courses)
and
Construction Skills College Limited : Quality Training Courses in Plastering courses – Plumbing courses – Tiling courses – Electrical courses – Carpentry Courses – Joinery courses – Kitchen Fitting Courses – Bricklaying courses – Painting and Decorat

Last edited:
what do you do there dan? just ask for one or start a course?.

If you plan on seeking work as a plumber anywhere you may be asked to show a CSCS card this is the only type that will be accepted

SNIJIB_card.jpg

i have never had one dont like the fact that you have to buy it either, however for free i will take one.
i also thought your college gave you one or registered you after getting the nvq's?

i also thought it is jib for plumbing?.
how do i get it then tamz?

how do i get it then tamz?

I have had one since my time was out.
You still now have to do the cscs stuff but i have a nominated invigilator so do it myself. The first card is given to the apprentice for free. Other cards cost me £35/ employee but as it involves an exam there are costs.

The JIB (SNIPEF in Scotland) seems to be dying out a bit in the last few years as there are more one man bands around, but it is really a good thing and is for the benefit of employers and employees.
Apart from enabling me to be an approved certifier of construction and a few other benefits which cover my membership fees, the main reason i stay with them is for the lads pensions.
They get a defined benefit pension (which i contribute twice what they do) and is equivalent to 1 x 60th of their annual graded wages for every year worked so if they started at 16 and worked until 65 their pension would be 49/60 of the current graded wage which in todays money would be around £17900/year.
Big softee me:)

Depending on the work you do, you may never need or be asked to show a card.

Not everybody can get a free cscs card but those with the right requirements can, and any training centre that does them can arrange it.

We kept getting spammed by some chancer who has a website offering free cscs cards, so along with banning him, I posted the thread informing people of the situation.

If you have a training centre other than our sponsors, go see them, they too will be able to arrange it.

Not sure of the actual requirements though, I've long been out of construction training I'm afraid.

In reality you would need to be brain dead to fail a cscs test. The questions include what colour is a co2 fire extinguisher, whats wrong in this picture (picture of a guy about to step on a nail), what is the height of a toe board on a scaffold and other useful things you may have stored at the back of your head. Anyone who doesn't know the basics should never be on a site and this is what it is for. It is just another thing brought out to cover the rses of the main contractors.
Go on any big job and the signs are up saying "no cscs card no work". That is until you tell the site manager yours has run out and they really need you to do the work. Then it wouldn't matter if all you had was a makro card, you'll get on the site.:D

In reality you would need to be brain dead to fail a cscs test. The questions include what colour is a co2 fire extinguisher, whats wrong in this picture (picture of a guy about to step on a nail), what is the height of a toe board on a scaffold and other useful things you may have stored at the back of your head. Anyone who doesn't know the basics should never be on a site and this is what it is for. It is just another thing brought out to cover the rses of the main contractors.
Go on any big job and the signs are up saying "no cscs card no work". That is until you tell the site manager yours has run out and they really need you to do the work. Then it wouldn't matter if all you had was a makro card, you'll get on the site.:D
hang on a mo,
i have done this before when working on jet petrol stations and stores, same q's too but i cant remember getting a card?.

i have one for matalan, i had to fill in a form and pay a pound, can i work?

you need one of the cscs cards to work on new build sites and wont be allowed on with out one most sites now ask you to write down
the reg number as soon as you get on site everyday as then can phone up and check if uve got one and the company u sub to can get find if they send you their with out a card

it used to be all you needed was the reg number , so if you did the exam all you needed was the cert they send you, but then they decided you also needed the card, dont know why , perhaps because it cost nine quid or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free CSCS Card | Free Plumbers CSCS Cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock