Search the forum,

Discuss Free boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A family member (uncle) had a new boiler on the british gas new boiler scheme. He is 78 lives on his own etc. I said go for it as you need a new one. The workmanship is outstandingly shocking. They were in at 8am and gone by 12pm after to have to wait for a sparks as they cored through the ring main. They fitted the new boiler where the old one was with a 4ft pipe run horizontal, 2 inch above the worktop and not a clip in sight. Push fit everywhere . The only good thing is the gas and the flue.
Plus they ripped out a proper system and fitted a combi

just tell your uncle to get a gas safe inspection ,

also complain to BG about the install ,

not much will happen but whinging makes you feel good sometimes

just tell your uncle to get a gas safe inspection ,

also complain to BG about the install ,

not much will happen but whinging makes you feel good sometimes

The gas is fine and is the flue, its the wet work which is bad and I mean bad

another quality install by BG. That install sounds the absolute 'pits'.

Post a pic. LOL

How is this work getting passed off ?

i got snagged on a job the other week cos we never replaced new lock shields in hall, even though the other was fine

wednesday next week the inspector per sa comes round to have a look ?????

It never failed to maze me what the installers at BG get away with.

if they ripped out a system ask your uncle what happened to it? They are categorically not allowed to remove ANY scrap be it a cylinder or a 15mm elbow.
DHL collect everything!

Also raise the point he had finished by 12 that's not enough time to flush a system and swap a boiler

The free boiler scheme has nothing to do with BG all they do is put the details forward to the relevant people. (government), the install is done by private firms that are contracted to do it, and have nothing to do with BG. however I have known BG to do a few but not many affordable warmth installs at all. Unless they were in a BG van then it has nothing to do with them

It never failed to maze me what the installers at BG get away with.

if they ripped out a system ask your uncle what happened to it? They are categorically not allowed to remove ANY scrap be it a cylinder or a 15mm elbow.
DHL collect everything!

Also raise the point he had finished by 12 that's not enough time to flush a system and swap a boiler

why would dhl collect the scrap, it belongs the the homeowner does it not?

The gas is fine and is the flue, its the wet work which is bad and I mean bad

the gas /flue maybe fine but a gs inspection also covers a general install, bonding ,correct condense , shock arrestor ,prv , clearances etc etc two ntcs makes an at risk so i believe

2 Not to currents does not normally equal an increase to at risk. If they are on the same part of the install which together increase the risks then yes they can equal an At risk. Engineers judgement should be used.

No, on BG jobs dhl take the waste including all scrap

do they tell the customers that the value of the scrap is taken into account in the job price? if its not written in the quote then its theft really. I inclued a discount in my quotes for the scrap value, normally ÂŁ50 to ÂŁ80 depending on the work. If the customer wants to keep the scrap i then remove the discount to cover the loss.

i cant be bothered with scrap rather just put 50 quid straight in the cost then its money in the bank and less running around

ÂŁ50?? Normally get ÂŁ100 to ÂŁ200 on most jobs. Did I mention we cost out a rad change with 4 bundles of 28mm

do they tell the customers that the value of the scrap is taken into account in the job price? if its not written in the quote then its theft really. I inclued a discount in my quotes for the scrap value, normally ÂŁ50 to ÂŁ80 depending on the work. If the customer wants to keep the scrap i then remove the discount to cover the loss.

The scrap is used to off set the cost of waste disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler. Worked fine for 20 years. Decided to change to Viessmann 050-W System boiler when WB failed but keep the same set up with cylinder. Gas Safe installer I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock