Search the forum,

Discuss Forum Conversation Messages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Wow. That thread went off topic there. Thread removed to be cleared up and put back. Poor new member got hounded unfairly then. I've deleted the user fully now. No bans for him. Those can be lifted in the future and to be honest I don't want that kind of person on the forum anymore. I apologise on his behalf. And to those that may be friends with him offline or elsewhere.

Forum Conversation Messages are treated the same as all messages. They can be reported. Admins can erase them. So that they can't be abused and used for sales, offensive content, illegal content, or even a member spamming users with a Facebook group and then using the group to slate the forum because they got banned some years ago and they're still aching inside.

Just to be clear, any owner of any website can access the data by using a simple username and password to login to the database that stores the messages in an Excel style list. A massive one. But a searchable one.

All website owners can do that. Whether a shop or forum or whatever.

If you want to speak privately, use WhatsApp. That's end to end encrypted.

There is no way on this earth I will allow anybody to use my forum for their own gain, if it doesn't match the same gain for the forum members. So sponsors keep it free, they can message members, and we need a way to stop their competitors getting the same for free. Else we have no sponsors, and no forum.

It's just business.

You're all my liability. If some weird cult developed from here. I get shutdown and go stand in court. Not you. (That sounds weird but all cults and weird collectives and terrorists start off online).

So there are loads of reasons why all websites need to monitor that.

There is no way we are checking your messages for fun. They're boring and all plumbing related and nobody is sharing news of Mr Jones wife having a fling with the postman. It'd make life more interesting maybe if they did.

I haven't logged in for weeks. And only I can search messages. And if I haven't been online I haven't searched them recently.

There is a report post button in messages. And if you click it and make a report moderators see just that one quote of the message. I would then need to go search for similar ones to see damage done and erase them and ban a spam account or ******** from Facebook.

Other than that, nobody sees them.

Peace out

Last edited:
I dont mind pro-UKPF cults lol

That's gonna be weird. Your new domain name is a .com and will start with P and end in forum. So we are going to need to start calling it PF.

We have had an influx of American and Canadian and Australian members register to our sparky forum. So that'll be nice. You will get to see what other countries use for tools and what their methods are.

Some unusual stuff overseas. We really do have limited access to markets outside of the EU at the moment.

Oooo one thing we lose with the new forums is some of the like options. Agree and disagree go for now I'm afraid. Nobody makes the add on anymore. :(

There has been a lot of speculation about the conversations on here being open to viewing or editing, removing.
At least it is now confirmed.

Do we get more emoji’s

These are pretty primitive

you can use gifs

giphy.gif

He had a wee meltdown that’s all we can say currently

Reactions: Dan
Obviously is Matchless (sorry, Old Guest)- I have been out all evening, I miss everything :(

Trust us when we say it was not pretty.

Morning everyone, let's not start the whole thing off again, it's done now and Dan has explained our position.

Be happy and have a good day!

That sounds like he was invited in.

Anybody can invite anybody else in. When you make the new convo if you make it yourself you can lock it I think.

Go to an existing message or two, and you should see 'invite another Member' link. Click it and search for a name and click add to message.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of speculation about the conversations on here being open to viewing or editing, removing.
At least it is now confirmed.
We don't edit them or change them. We would remove them and the account involved.

And no moderator of even admin can do it. Only myself. It's usually a dodgy message that first gets reported to us. Then I have to login the database and run a search to erase the others they sent.

Like I said. Every single website can do it.

Messages are not sent end to end encrypted when on any platform or app unless stated. Like WhatsApp is. And it tells you when it is secure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forum Conversation Messages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was hoping to get some replies from Members about whether this is happening to anyone else: When I logged into the Forum this afternoon and went to look down...
Replies
Views
i'm trying to reply to a kind member who posted on my thread about central heating issues in the CH forum - but i keep getting this message "Oops! We ran into some problems. Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
N
Hey guys, I've searched the forum, but haven't found anything useful. I don't know the name of the thing I'm looking for, so I apologize in advance if this is something basic that I should have found in a search. So basically, my electrician is an old fella who doesn't know much about heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock