Search the forum,

Discuss Foreign Service Engineer. (East EU) . It is worth it to register in UK ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EUengineer

After a short web search and reading about the gas stuff on the net I am wondering if I should consider to come in UK to work as Field Service Engineer.

Apparently there are a lot of jobs on different jobhunt websites with an average income of 28k / annum, which would be good enough for me.

Also , I find encouraging that there are specific ways to get ACS by equivalance of a foreign certification :

"All formal applications shall be made on the application form provided, which must be complete in all its
details before Certification can be processed.
The application form requires a declaration of category for the Individual making the application.
Category 1
Category 1 individuals are experienced gas fitting operatives from within or outside of the United
Kingdom, they are:
III. Foreign nationals seeking to obtain certificates of gas safety competence enabling them to meet UK gas work requirements. Operatives in this category must present evidence of their gas fitting qualifications and experience to the Assessment Centre. (Attached translation of this information will be necessary when not presented in English). "

My current certification is Romanian , and according to the Romanian Gas registering rules give me the right to install,service,set up and CP12 for gas boilers, water heaters and convectors up to 300 Kw.
I have 5 years experience as Service Engineer.

So, again, I am curious if there is chance of finding a job in UK , after, of course registering ACS and Gas Safe.

By the way can anybody tell me if I have to choose a Certification Body for ACS what is the bettwer choice (there are 4 or 5, [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.corgi-direct.com%2Fbecome-an-installer.aspx"]Corgi Direct - Become an Installer[/DLMURL]) and how much ACS cost .(CCN1, CEN1, WAT1,HTR1) ?

Any feedback is usefull thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck tto you mate, many people here wont be best pleased your coming, probably better trained than the seven dayers tho!!

if you want specifics on the colleges google them, and they would love to grab your money and give you some qualifications.

dont mean to be blunt. whats wrong with working in romania??

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Foreign Service Engineer. (East EU) . It is worth it to register in UK ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock