Search the forum,

Discuss FLUX in new system install - how to get rid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont need any contracts, they will be fitting free solar, heat pumps etc, I reckon they will be over run with people wanting it. Just as they were with the Warmfront scheme, that was its own contact, it generated 100s of millions of pounds of work, all free.

Warmfront is not a company, it was the name of the contract ran by EAGA, it was Free heating installed and hence did not go looking for contracts. The new scheme will be more renewables and have a new name, think its Greener Homes Scheme. They will not be looking for any solar jobs or contracts, they go and fit it free to all the thousands who will be applying for the free grant.
Plus as the warmfront scheme has been counting down to end for 5 years with the decreasing workload and funds, I would assume they have been doing a bit of homework.

The contracts are mainly council. No one else can afford to put it in. BG has snapped most of this up and are giving it out to the aforementioned.
The FIT if now barely worth the effort but as usual no doubt the gov will hand over more work to some of the worst contractors in the game.

Not realy a monopoly, its a funded scheme for free heating and renewables, it should be a good thing.

Warmfront dont do councill work as they are a scheme not a company. So nobody could possibly take any work from them.

Who are Everwarm?? Aint heard of them.
Look them up.
Private company taken over by....can't remember....taken over by Eaga. The Everwarm director (founder) was contracted to Eaga for X amount of years after selling out and basically run things up here with his Newcastle counterpart. They knew what was coming and jumped out last xmas time and sat on garden leave arranging their new contracts until April when they were free.
They have stolen the march on Carillion but we'll see how things pan out.

The contracts are mainly council. No one else can afford to put it in. BG has snapped most of this up and are giving it out to the aforementioned.
The FIT if now barely worth the effort but as usual no doubt the gov will hand over more work to some of the worst contractors in the game.

The Warmfront scheme was set up for private homes not councill, so nobody has took a jump on them with this work you mention, they dont do that and never have.

Not realy a monopoly, its a funded scheme for free heating and renewables, it should be a good thing.

If you are running your own thing too, try getting a slice of it. It is so well sown up to make it nigh on impossible to do, but it can be done, at a cost to you.

The Warmfront scheme was set up for private homes not councill, so nobody has took a jump on them with this work you mention, they dont do that and never have.

I know they don't but they get the gov grant handouts that we all pay for.

its a monopoly because its paid for with tax payers money, but its only one company that does it so there is no competition. Hence not value for money. Why cant small companies take the tax payers money and install these systems and profit from it? who would eaga be without the tax payer?

Looks like they have missed the jump on that one as the ex directors at Everwarm and UKFM have already been doing it for 9 months snapping up the contracts.

This Everwarm were a company who did some EAGA work under the warmfront scheme some time back, they got brought out by EAGA as they brought many of these companys. But the 2 guys you say who have stolen a march on Carrilion, I was talking about EAGA and Warmfront scheme, who only fit heating in Private homes and all the work is funded, no council or contracting work done be these. So would not be interested in this council work.

If you are running your own thing too, try getting a slice of it. It is so well sown up to make it nigh on impossible to do, but it can be done, at a cost to you.

Sorry I dont fit FREE boilers and heating, Solar, Heat pumps etc. Thats what I meant by not a monopoly, do you know anybody else who fits this free to private home owners?

its a monopoly because its paid for with tax payers money, but its only one company that does it so there is no competition. Hence not value for money. Why cant small companies take the tax payers money and install these systems and profit from it? who would eaga be without the tax payer?

Its all paid for by European funding.

But its not 1 company that install the work, its hundreds up and down the country, and anybody can apply, but obviously you have to be able to do the work and be able to maintain, plus have premises etc due to stock etc. Hence the sole trader does not do it but many many small companies (4-6 employees) do.

what amount of money is available, must be a big grant if its a free install. These systems are very easy to install so self employed should be ideal for them.

Sorry I dont fit FREE boilers and heating, Solar, Heat pumps etc. Thats what I meant by not a monopoly, do you know anybody else who fits this free to private home owners?

I nor anyone else works for free or fit free stuff. Eaga do very well out of this with install costs rivalling BG. The money is paid out by the taxpayer, whether through Europe or not, we the taxpayer are paying for it.
It is supposed to be open to anyone to compete to get these grants for the end user but in reality things are so well sown up by the gov, eaga, ideal partnership it is just about impossible for the ordinary contractor to gain any of this work.
As said, it is a monopoly.
The taxpayer is being well overcharged and the end user given a bad product with substandard work and materials (although the logic (boiler) seems a bit better) Work that could be better done at a lower cost by small local contractors.
It is all wrong but will never change.

what amount of money is available, must be a big grant if its a free install. These systems are very easy to install so self employed should be ideal for them.

But the self employed guy wont go and repair on a Sat or Sun night. Nor have premises.

I nor anyone else works for free or fit free stuff. Eaga do very well out of this with install costs rivalling BG. The money is paid out by the taxpayer, whether through Europe or not, we the taxpayer are paying for it.
It is supposed to be open to anyone to compete to get these grants for the end user but in reality things are so well sown up by the gov, eaga, ideal partnership it is just about impossible for the ordinary contractor to gain any of this work.
As said, it is a monopoly.
The taxpayer is being well overcharged and the end user given a bad product with substandard work and materials (although the logic (boiler) seems a bit better) Work that could be better done at a lower cost by small local contractors.
It is all wrong but will never change.

Going on the prices some seem to use on here, I doubt a lot would be cheaper. Plus the company I inspect for only fit Worcester boilers under the scheme, so how is that an Ideal monopoly?? Unless of course somebody specifies an Ideal.
Not all companies that contract to Warmfront scheme are bad, infact many companies now are to a good standard, as most have had to get rid of fitting teams due to lower demand. Many of the companies also do Councill and private work too, plus a large portion of them would also be having an inetrnal and external audit and inspection. So they wont be failling any reg's etc and would be to a good standard, whether thats done in 1,2,3,or 12 days the inspector doesnt know and doesnt care as long as its done correctly.

Last edited:
i thought there was 30ish countrys in europe? including the uk, infact the uk pays in more than most.

50 at last count. But 27 pay to EU budget, UK actually pays the lowest of all countries gross natiaonal income (GNI).
Plus whatever the UK pays in 1 year we get at least 2/3rds back the following year, we actually do well from the EU, hence MP's not wanted to leave it.
All this according to facts, they are not this years as they are not released every year. We have always done well from Europe ever since Maggie went mad at them.

Last edited:
Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FLUX in new system install - how to get rid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock