Search the forum,

Discuss Fluke T5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Beckett

Gas Engineer
Hi.

I'm looking at changing my electrical testing equipment. At the moment I use a cheap multi meter from maplin's that ive had for years, although this isn't really up to the job and is quite bulky.

I primarily use it for testing boilers and heat pumps so need to be able to measure quite a wide range of resistance and amps etc for thermisters, temp sensors, coils and such like.

Has anybody used/owned one of these Fluke T5's if so are they up to the job and able to measure the range of resistance and 'ampage' that say a 115 could?

Thanks
Alex.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply.
Do you use the T5 for boiler diagnostics? It has the range for measuring the very low amount of resistance/micro amps etc that some boilers require?

Many thanks?
Alex.

i use the fluke and also have a multimeter but i hardly ever use the multimeter

I use the 116.

It does all I want apart from heavier amp stuff but I've got other gear for that.

The 116 is aimed at HVAC folk and well worth the money !

I use the 116.

It does all I want apart from heavier amp stuff but I've got other gear for that.

The 116 is aimed at HVAC folk and well worth the money !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fluke T5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The compact, easy-to-use testo 340 available from CORGI direct enables you to carry out emission measurements on industrial combustion and power generation plants both accurately and flexibly VIEW HERE Emission checks in industry: Professional technology meets practical design. The testo...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
D
I bought a multimeter online from Maplin. It works fine but when it comes to boiler fault finding I sometimes find it hard to push the testing points down the PCB connections as they are quite fat, especially on some of the newer boards which have really thin wires. Can anyone recommend a brand...
Replies
Views
B
Another bit of info that might be helpful to new Plumbers are some observations about water FLOW. In the UK, water fixtures usually have a minimum water flow rate that is required to be met for them to work properly. Some of the most obvious are the combi boiler and the shower. Both of...
Replies
Views
bobpape
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock