Search the forum,

Discuss Flueless fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
whichever is fit flueless or flued fit a CO detector and not oen of them little dot things IMHO

Not meaning to sound like a customer but

Why can't there be a cant that when you want fire on. Opens a louvre / door etc for ventilation and once proved. Turns gas on to fire

think thats good idea simon have thote of that myself. you can get them with chimney extract fans

you mean hit n miss?.

I was thinking more what you get on commercial fan assisted vents with an interlock.

I don't see any reason why the interlock could not be connected to a louvre motor.

Just not sure how that would fit with the regs?

you cannot use hit and miss vents reason being someone may come back from the pub and is unaware the vent is closed and light the fire and does not wake up again . Things have to be as idiot proof as possible , I have a customer who has a floor vent on a BBU that is spotless but she has a little square of carpet that she throws on top of the vent when it get draughty. I have told her not to do this but I might as well be banging my head of a brick wall

I fitted an 8Kw flueless appliance on Monday.
The manufactures instructions stated that permanent ventilation not required.

I fitted an 8Kw flueless appliance on Monday.
The manufactures instructions stated that permanent ventilation not required.

What fire is this , always taught any think over 7kw must have vent ,,

What fire is this , always taught any think over 7kw must have vent ,,

MI's overrule everything, but I strongly suspect that the installer would need to prove that the ventilation (or lack of) comforts to the room volume, doors, openable windows and any other OF appliances on the same room.
All the above is 'reasonably' clear in the GS regs.
MM.

where are you based if you dont mind me asking

Last edited:
Just gotto ask whether we are debating Flueess or Catalytic fires, both are 'flueless' but each read from a different page on the hymnsheet.

steve yes?
2 points 1,yes flueless fires can be death traps,we had a fatality here in wales through one coming over set and the installer not doing a timetest,2 years ago i fitted 8 flavels and two burleys 8 come from the factory RADICALLY overset i had to ID my new fits and get service visits
point 2
i see you are saying a black hole vent is suitable,just for clarification a vario 100 cm2 with baffles removed is suitable but the square black hole vortex is not it was down graded to 80 cm2 5 years ago unless your talking of the newer black hole that does provide 100cm2 but does not stop any draft

Not sure which model it was now gasman, certainly said 100cm2. I agree it doesn't stop all the draught i explained this to my customer, he has in fact rang me yesterday and asked me to take out the flueless fire and replace it with either a BF fire or a FF fire. I feel sorry for this couple, they went to a Fireplace showroom and the advisor sold them a product without even visiting their house or taking any measurements. It's now in the hands of the OFT and trading standard's.

Not sure which model it was now gasman, certainly said 100cm2. I agree it doesn't stop all the draught i explained this to my customer, he has in fact rang me yesterday and asked me to take out the flueless fire and replace it with either a BF fire or a FF fire. I feel sorry for this couple, they went to a Fireplace showroom and the advisor sold them a product without even visiting their house or taking any measurements. It's now in the hands of the OFT and trading standard's.
hope they win, i would choose b/f if poss think they are more efficient than f/f

Just gotto ask whether we are debating Flueess or Catalytic fires, both are 'flueless' but each read from a different page on the hymnsheet.
Does it mater for the point of discussion?
I thought all flueless fires, catalytic and non-catalytic require ventilation.
Can someone upload MI's or a link to enlighten me if I am wrong?

i wouldnt fit one full stop also as well as the 100cm2 vent your suppose to have back ground heat aswell ie radiator that works wen the fire is on to stop condensation there just to much hassle i just say away from them ad be suprised if you can fit one with no addad ventalation would theink thats a defo no,no ad read the instuctions again cos if your wrong its bye bye people

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flueless fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock