Search the forum,

Discuss Flue terminol....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
Hi guys plz don't SLATE me on this. I'm a newbie to the gas industry but have been asked to move a boiler for a customer.
Where they want to relocate the boiler the external wall is all wooden cladding over existing stone work.
Question is.
Is it ok to fit the horizontal flue because of the wooden cladding??
Boiler is a baxi duo tec 33ga

I would cut a section of the cladding where the flue will be hoing through. Maybe put a sheet of superlux up to fix the boiler to rather than fitting it to the cladding its self.

External cladding if so your fine just make sure there's a couple of mm clearance all the way round but would need a new flue

Be fine with any new boilers flue temp is very low, a lot are made of plastic. the older boilers flue got a lot hotter, check out the difference with your analyser when you get the chance

Give the manufacturer a quick call if your instructions don't answer the clearance question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue terminol....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock