Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Flue placement on new boiler installation in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Timothy Ranger

Timothy Ranger New Member

I've just had a new Vaillant boiler installed yesterday to replace a 30+ year old Glowworm boiler and I'm wondering if anyone could comment on the placement of the flue.[​IMG]

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Should be 150mm unless plume kit I believe

3. Timothy Ranger

Thanks for the reply. Is that 150mm distance from the drain pipes surrounding it?

4. Harvest Fields

Yes

5. Timothy Ranger

Is the Vaillant ecotec pro 28 a fanned draught I take it?

6. Harvest Fields

G is the issue

E99B6E43-8EE5-43AC-8C8E-6D6B0EE019D7.png

7. Timothy Ranger

Thank you very much for your time. I'll speak to the installer when I get the invoice.

8. Harvest Fields

Did he make you aware before hand that the boiler should be moved ideally?

9. gmartine

gmartine GSR

I quite like your use of steel rim as hose reel, not enough to do it myself mind. ;)

10. Harvest Fields

Any pictures of the actual boiler install mate?

11. Timothy Ranger

The old boiler had one of those square steel flues which came out under the car port which had a hole cut around it.

The old boiler needed a part replacing which another gas safe worker botched, so we got another who came to assess. He said we would either need to cut a larger hole in the carport for the flue because it was less than 300mm, or get a new boiler and have the flue come out the other wall and with a plume kit if it was too close to the window opening.

We chose the latter because we didn't want to have to chop up the carport for such an old boiler that was probably on it's last legs anyway.

12. Harvest Fields

It isn’t right but currently you do not have a plume kit attached.

13. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

TBH easier to modify the down pipes but better than what’s he done

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Most likely, that’s the best/ only place it can terminate.
    But the fall pipe and waste need moving to 150mm and it can be done a lot neater than that.

15. Timothy Ranger

I have just received the following attachment in an email from Vaillant which confuses matters even more for me. It states 25mm away from vertical drain pipes and 75mm below pipes and drains.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019