Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss flue distance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matty A

Hi people
Can anyone tell me how far away is safe for a boiler flue to be away from a window that is directly above it?
I looked at a job yesterday and the flue is 2.4mtrs away as it happens i may be moving the boiler this is just an "out of interest" question.

Cheers
Mat

as you have had to ask i guess your not corgi registered if your not you can not move the boiler or even the flue

I was informed i can move the boiler but i can not re connect the gas as im not corgi and this info came from time served qualified plumber i also have a guy who is corgi who will come and do all the gas side of things for me i ie connect gas supplie and turn on boiler and test it.

Surely its not a crime to drill a 4" hole through the wall for flue and extend all water pipes.

Please dont take this reply as me being an ar*e im just looking for the correct information so my business can progress.

cheers
Mat

Last edited by a moderator:
i also have a guy who is corgi who will come and do all the gas side of things for me i ie connect gas supplie and turn on boiler and test it.

Surely its not a crime to drill a 4" hole through the wall for flue and extend all water pipes.

Mat

As you have someone to do the gas side then i suggest you ask him (no its not a crime to drill a 4" hole but you cannot conect the flue as this comes under the corgi part)

ok thanks for your comments out of interest are you corgi registered?

no i am not corgi (but have had same problem when moving my boiler, I called someone in to cap off the gas so i could move the boiler and he told me about the flue. I moved the boiler did the pipe work then removed the boiler and called him back to fit it) its not too bad to do your own but when its a customer and you have to call someone else in to do half the job and get the timing right, Trust me its not worth it

hi matty need to be corgi to turn the gas off and remove boiler off the wall if you leave the valve on the end of the pipe shut off and move someone can turn it back on . this is ID and is reportable to hse

Cheers for info guys i was only curious and have decided to pass it out to subby.

Minimum dimensions of flue terminal positions

Terminal position
Balance flues
room sealed
Open flues
Natural
draught
Fanned
draught
Natural
draught
Fanned draught
A
* Directly below an opening, airbrick, window etc.
0-7kW
>7-14kW
>14-32kW
>32-70kW
300 mm
600 mm
1500 mm
2000 mm
300 mm
Not allowed
300 mm
B
* Above an opening, airbrick, window etc.
0-7kW
>7-14kW
>14-32kW
>32-70kW
300 mm
300 mm
300 mm
300 mm
300 mm
Not allowed
300 mm
C
* Horizontally to an opening, airbrick, window etc.
0-7kW
>7-14kW
>14-32kW
>32-70kW
300 mm
400 mm
600 mm
600 mm
300 mm
Not allowed
300 mm
D
Below a gutter or sanitary pipe if combustible material protected.
300 mm
75 mm
Not allowed
75 mm
E
Below eaves.
300 mm
200 mm
Not allowed
200 mm
F
Below balconies or open roofed out buildings.
600 mm
200 mm
Not allowed
200 mm
G
From a vertical drain or soil pipe.
300 mm
150 mm
Not allowed
150 mm
H
From an internal or external corner.
600 mm
300 mm
Not allowed
200 mm
I
Above ground or balcony level.
300 mm
300 mm
Not allowed
300 mm
J
From a surface facing the terminal.
600 mm
600 mm
N/A
600 mm
K
From another terminal facing the terminal.
600 mm
1200 mm
N/A
1200 mm
L
From an opening in the car port into a dwelling.
1200 mm
1200 mm
N/A
1200 mm
M
Vertically from a terminal on the same wall.
1500 mm
1500 mm
N/A
1500 mm
N
Horizontally from a terminal on the same wall.
300 mm
300 mm
N/A
300 mm
O
From a wall on which the terminal is mounted.
N/A
N/A
N/A
50 mm
P
From a vertical structure on the roof.
N/A
N/A
600 mm
N/A
Q
Above intersection with roof.
N/A
N/A
600 mm
150 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue distance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock