Search the forum,

Discuss Flow of oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
Just a quick question how much oil flow do you have from a oil flexi disconnected from a oil pump .which is supplied from a full tank which has a tiger loop on it .I have a trickle .should I expect more ????

Is there any head of oil at the Tigerloop level, or is the oil tank/oil level a lot lower than boiler, hence the Tigerloop?
I would prefer to check the oil flow at copper pipe before where it joins to Tigerloop. (Where that is possible if it has a head of oil)
Obviously any filters and valves and fittings need to be clean, but I come across loads of oil lines that have only a trickle of flow and I usually can't find why. Can be the oil pipe crushed somewhere. As long as the flow stays constant, then a steady trickle usually good enough supply for a domestic boiler.

Plenty head on tiger loop .have a reillo rdb 1 keeps going to lock out .fan runs and keeps cutting in on oil pressure buts stops and goes to lock out .checked photo cell , solenoid , motor and now oil line ?? But only got a trickle .as other bolero I have a good flow .does tiger loop restrict flow to a trickle ???

Flow should be reasonable out of feed hose from Tigerloop.
Tigerloops can give trouble, although rarely and make it appear oil pump not working.
Control box could have fault, but I would always first think oil pump. Did you check oil pump?
Putting a gauge on the oil pump will not always prove much. Riello oil pumps break at the drive pin to gear, if you ever opened any that were faulty.
Hope bypass screw is fitted in oil pump. Check also that no air leaks in oil line, or hoses

Last edited:
Yeah hardly have any flow at burner flow from tiger loop .recently ran out of oil .and topped up .but what I don't get as if I disconnect photocell it fires up quickly and goes to lock out .but if got photo cell plugged in it just runs the fans ??

Maybe faulty photocell then.

Yes. The very first and easiest thing to check is to see if the photocell has dirt/soot on the front of it. It might be clean and faulty but worth a quick look.

Maybe faulty photocell then.

Yes. The very first and easiest thing to check is to see if the photocell has dirt/soot on the front of it. It might be clean and faulty but worth a quick look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow of oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
Im working on 6 suspended air blowers running old riello G5s.Oil tank is 100m away on ground level so 5m lower than the burners.So each unit has a Tigerloop which are all supplied with half inch iron pipework. Each unit has isolating valve 3\8 regulator oil filter then tigerloop. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern Help...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock