Search the forum,

Discuss Floplast leakage problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whl4852

These are currently on offer at plumbfix, bought a trade bag. Used 25 fittings on a job and 11 leaked. Took them apart, checked seals, checked for dirt, used there own brand lube...

Did a bit of research on google and apparently there are all sorts of issues, anybody else come across this? I used their inserts, their pipe, their lube, am I missing something?

if your talking about push fit waste fittings what do you expect????????????

Thanks guys, at least you were all more helpful than plumbfix!

Everything made by floplast is cheap c r a p and should be avoided. Their traps are shocking. Buy the best, buy Mcalpine and the extra you pay will save you money in the long run, as you won't get a call back.

McAlpine or Wirquin for traps, definitely worth the extra few quid, saves plenty of ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ's on time. I like the floplast solvent weld though, deeper fittings more surface area for the glue.

The only floplast product that I highly rate is their A rated air admittance valve.

I find their solvent weld stuff ok, but a lot more brittle than other brands.

The only floplast product that I highly rate is their A rated air admittance valve.

I find their solvent weld stuff ok, but a lot more brittle than other brands.

Hadn't really come across the brittle aspect, but I love my solvent weld wastes. Hate push fit, wonder if it's the glue? :)

They asked me whether they were fitted by a competent professional! I said no, I did it! Honestly their customer service is shocking, especially as I spend. Fair bit with them.

They asked me whether they were fitted by a competent professional! I said no, I did it! Honestly their customer service is shocking, especially as I spend. Fair bit with them.

Did you chamfer the ends of the pipes before pushing the fittings on? If you cut them rough this could cause little nicks in the rubber o'rings or possibly push them out of their recess.

Did you chamfer the ends of the pipes before pushing the fittings on? If you cut them rough this could cause little nicks in the rubber o'rings or possibly push them out of their recess.

Pyres chamfered them! Been reading on the internet they are manufactured using recycled rubber for seals...

Aah the dodgy grey carp that looks like its made out of recycled washing up bowls. Similar to the muck that b+q sell ....its bleeding awful

Ikea traps and fittings are worse IMO

I have a few of these still in their wrappers because I refuse to fit them in favour of McAlpine. I've no idea why I've kept them, maybe I should stop hoarding and just bin them?

So F-P fittings are light and awful ,is the (32-34mm) pipe any good ?

(size-seems to depend on which label !)

Any kitchen we fit generally Howdens or Magnet we bin the lot supplied - skip is already on site for the old kitchen. McAlpine every time.

The pipe's OK, and the solvent weld stuff is OK, but avoid the push fit and the traps.

I never use FloPlast fittings anyway but after hearing this isn't an isolated case there's no chance I'll even consider them.

The pipe's OK, and the solvent weld stuff is OK, but avoid the push fit and the traps.

Yes we use the floplast solvent weld stuff all the time and it seems fine ( what is melted is melted ) . Push fit whatever the manufacture seems like a gamble.

As a rule I only use push fit where I am likely to need to undo it at a late stage to unblock etc (eg kitchen sinks)

Used to use push fit a lot but much more inclined to compression now - nothing like assurance of the nice tight feeling when you tighten up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Floplast leakage problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock