Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible pipe with stopcock. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I'm looking for a flexible water pipe that has a stopcock at one end. I'm looking to connect it to a hot water source found underneath the kitchen sink (see pic) and use it to fill up buckets to wash my car and open and close the flow of water as I please.

Is there any sort of pipe out there that would connect to the pipe in that pic?

20190130_192133.jpg

Get someone to fit a hot outside tap

Yes there is however what is going on with that pipe to the left. is that Black tape?

Same as the Blue pipe in the picture with the same iso valve on the end.

Just thought of this lads, add this tap connector (pic) followed by a garden hose pipe via quick connect and fit a garden hose valve on the other end.

You running this pipe outside? If so that`s a whole different ball game, I thought you were filling buckets inside.

I have to say I assumed. But could be wrong but if you’re going to do it indoors just use the sink

So just above my kitchen sink is a window and my car is parked right next to it. On days when I want to wash the car, I want to run a temp hose/pipe from this water supply through the window as it saves more time carrying buckets and walking around the side of the house. The aim is not to have it connected on the pipe all the time but on days when I want to have a car wash

So just above my kitchen sink is a window and my car is parked right next to it. On days when I want to wash the car, I want to run a temp hose/pipe from this water supply through the window as it saves more time carrying buckets and walking around the side of the house. The aim is not to have it connected on the pipe all the time but on days when I want to have a car wash
So you’ll need some sort of check valve device

I’d be very surprised if they met WRAS requirements but crack on

Hozelock sell them in this country, would expect them to be ok. That said shouldn`t they be double check valves?

Hope your proposed flexi pipe mod with the quick release fasteners does not blow off in the cupboard when only hot water is going through it after all the sound advice the guys have given, now that would be a terrible shame......

Okay. The water regulations apply whether it is an installation to last a century or to last a minute. Glad we've cleared that up.

So buy a Hoselock check valve hose connector to connect to the tap. (After the check valve, materials do not have to be suitable for drinking water, which is why most garden hoses are not WRAS approved). Get a garden hose and connect to the connector, and then put a spray gun or similar on the other end. And hope thay can withstand hot water. Done.

Hope your proposed flexi pipe mod with the quick release fasteners does not blow off in the cupboard when only hot water is going through it after all the sound advice the guys have given, now that would be a terrible shame....
If it's a good quality one, then the OP should be fine. Never had that happen with Hoselock, for example.

Hope your proposed flexi pipe mod with the quick release fasteners does not blow off in the cupboard when only hot water is going through it after all the sound advice the guys have given, now that would be a terrible shame....
Right because I haven't been taking their advice, even though this thread is now atleast 2 pages. Great words pal!

Is the property rented, would this have anything to do with not doing it properly with an outside tap?

All I will add is be certain the stop valve nearest the supply is turned off when you finish and the hose isn`t left under pressure. ;)

Is the property rented, would this have anything to do with not doing it properly with an outside tap?

All I will add is be certain the stop valve nearest the supply is turned off when you finish and the hose isn`t left under pressure. ;)
Not rented pal just seemed like a quicker way to gain warm water access for this type of situation.

After I finish using the hot water, the stop valve will be turned off and the hose pipe removed.

Okay. The water regulations apply whether it is an installation to last a century or to last a minute. Glad we've cleared that up.

So buy a Hoselock check valve hose connector to connect to the tap. (After the check valve, materials do not have to be suitable for drinking water, which is why most garden hoses are not WRAS approved). Get a garden hose and connect to the connector, and then put a spray gun or similar on the other end. And hope thay can withstand hot water. Done.

Something like this I imagine?

Hozelock 2181 Non Return Valve 688970679398 | eBay

Reply to Flexible pipe with stopcock. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock