Search the forum,

Discuss Flat 12L potable expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can find lots of the above for Boiler installation, but assume for potable water they would be different internally (lined) due to possible cross contamination to the drinking water, anyone know where I can find one?

Yes good advice unless you hold the ticket these devices can literally be bombs if not set up correctly

And what makes you think I don't hold the correct qualifications, mains pressure hot water systems have been used in the EU for many many years and are installed by DIY home owners without any legislative problems, having had these systems for so long they and others fully understand the need for pressure relief valves and pressure valves on the water main, explosions! there are no reported instances of explosions in the UK or EU either that I have heard first hand about, lots of I "was told about" of an explosion nonsense, mains pressure domestic hot water systems are the norm in the EU, but unfortunately the UK have been so far behind with vented cylinders for so long UK plumbers are scared stiff of something new and will invent problems to ensure they get the job of installing, I have to say that the responses are so typical of the UK plumber that frequents these page's it's painful, why don't one of you try to answer the question instead of being obstructive.

Last edited:
Because if you held the correct qualifications you most likely wouldnt be asking the question, if you do however hold the qualification, forward them onto Riley or one the other mods, get your badge and then talk about this in the private section of the forum. They can't just answer the question in the public part as it's not just you who may read it and attempt to do the work.

Good thing we’re leaving the EU then isn’t it. And why don’t you try reading the forum rules. You have been given correct AND legal information regarding G3 regulation. The fact that you don’t know where to obtain said vessel shows you have neither the training or the competence to fit one safely. I guess you will persist with with some other forum or similar until you get the answer you want but I’m glad I’m not your neighbour for when it goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flat 12L potable expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a leak in the expansion vessel, which is on the first floor, above the hot water cylinder. As we wait for a plumber, can we keep the heating on?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock