Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Fixing a large mirror to bathroom cabinet door in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. darren bruce

darren bruce New Member

Hi

Need a piece of advice please. I have a large made to measure mirror which I intend to fix to our bathroom cabinet door. I want to know which product is best to use to do this? I was thinking of using CT1 adhesive but would you use something else / issues with my approach?

Thanks

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I do a bit of work for my local glass merchants, they only use mirror bond type adhesives .
    I will reply later with a brand name , I have some at home , but your local glass will help .
    Definitely key the door you are fixing the mirror to .

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Corner brackets.

4. rpm

How large is large in this case, just thinking a LARGE mirror can be heavy. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Modern day mirror will only be 4mm pal it wont weigh a lot .

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Buy a new bigger cabinet?

Surely a larger mirror on a smaller door might look a bit odd

7. darren bruce

darren bruce New Member

Hi
    Murdoch? Unsure what you mean or where I say the cabinet isnt large? Its a large cabinet door and its a large made to measure mirror (as mentioned in post).
    Id say its approx 110cm high and 40cm wide and not very thick so its not HEAVY heavy :).
    A friend mentioned a silicone adhesive like GB Pro or CT1 so wondered if that was in line with yuor thinking?

8. rpm

9. Watts

Watts GSR

I've helped joiners stick up some huge mirrors, about 3m by 2m and they just used mirror grab adhesive. Hope I never have to stick up a mirror that size again, squeaky bum time.

10. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

CT1 do list their product as suitable for holding up mirrors. I rate the product highly, it's got great "grab" properties and is a reliable fix in my opinion so that's what I would use.

11. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

I always use a mirror adhesive supplied by my glass man, 1 tube is enough for even the biggest mirror and make sure your glass man has put a backing film on it.