Search the forum,

Discuss Fittings needed for freestanding taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bought this discontinued bath and freestanding bath taps from Wickes. The taps were quite discounted mainly due to the fittings that couples the unit to the hot/cold water pipes have been misplaced. So I'm trying to find/buy the correct fittings so I can connect this to the hot/cold water piping.

Measured the bore of the pipe with my calipers and they are 1/2 inch. Here are a couple of photos:

20190509_125604.jpg

20190509_125610.jpg

Any help is appreciated :)

Looks like your missing the base plate / fixing plate

Get on to manufacturer and ask if you can buy the appropriate parts.
Don’t try and bodge it, it could prove a very costly mistake as your ceiling falls in

Looks similar to a grohe fixing. You need the base plate that attaches to the floor and your pipework connects to it.
The grohe base plate is nearly £200 so might be better getting a new tap.

C628FCAA-BFC6-49DF-B264-7E684AB0E319.jpeg

Hi Craig, not going to do any fudging to try get it working, flooding is not for me. Hopefully we'll something from Wickes, if not the bath is great. It looks like a boat and looks great in our new bathroom after the extension. Positioned slap bang in the middle of the bathroom. Was priced at £1000 originally and we paid £500. Best thing is that all the money Wickes are making on ex display stock at the moment is going to the Alzheimer's Society and my Mum who died in February had advanced dementia. So if the tap which we paid £50 for and was originally £300 ends up useless it was a chance worth taking anyway. Thinking of it as us giving the Alzheimer's Society an extra £50.

If something does get sorted I'll update this thread :)

Reply to Fittings needed for freestanding taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock