Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting 2 port Zone Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salem

Hi All

I would like to put a 2-port zone valve on the upstairs branch of my heating system, controlled by a room stat in the bedroom. The reason for this is, the upstairs gets hotter a lot quicker than the down stairs, we’ve tried having the system balanced All rads have TRV’s except the upstairs & downstairs bathrooms, which have been left as bypass, both rads are first in line on their relative branches and there is a room stat in the living room.

From the boiler (Halstead ace high Combi) the pipes are teed to upstairs and downstairs branches on both flow and return. What I’m proposing is to fit a zone valve on the upstairs branch supply and a room stat in the master bedroom. The power for the valve would be on the same supply as the boiler, so if the boiler is switched off at the mains both supplies are isolated. Can anyone see any probs with this idea or offer any advice on how to fit.

for one you don't need to zone it.
next you have fitted a trv in the same room as your room stat which is wrong as they play against each other.
so when the trv shuts the room stat thinks the room is not hot enough and keeps the boiler on longer.
then try balancing your system, their is no such thing as can't balance a system it knowing how to do it right.

for one you don't need to zone it.
next you have fitted a trv in the same room as your room stat which is wrong as they play against each other.
so when the trv shuts the room stat thinks the room is not hot enough and keeps the boiler on longer.
then try balancing your system, their is no such thing as can't balance a system it knowing how to do it right.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry. I should have said that the room with the stat does not have a trv.

The main reason we want to have the zone upstairs, is my 6yr old son who has medical problems, keeps resetting the trv's to max in the upstairs rooms (he likes to play with things) and they are getting much hotter that the rest of the house. So as the bedrooms do not need to be as warm as downstairs, we would like to set the temp via a room stat.

Thanks.

make sure you don't fit the zoner valve as to restrict flow during pump over run!!!

wont you want to alos wire it back to the timer???

as mentioned above , balance the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting 2 port Zone Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock