Search the forum,

Discuss First Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Nothing to worry about, just be confident. Tightness test, boiler service (although not thorough, just inlet pressure, burner pressure and gas rate). A few questions about meter and flue. You will be asked a couple of questions on all the categories on your card that you’ve passed but it’s open book so if you’re not sure you can look it up. Good luck.

Nothing to worry about, just be confident. Tightness test, boiler service (although not thorough, just inlet pressure, burner pressure and gas rate). A few questions about meter and flue. You will be asked a couple of questions on all the categories on your card that you’ve passed but it’s open book so if you’re not sure you can look it up. Good luck.

That’s actually reminded me of another question related to this. I’ve got an LPG crossover ticket that my old employer asked my to do yet I never did anything on site with it. So have next to no experience with it. Could I ask gas safe to disregard that as I don’t really want an inspection on LPG as I’ll be lost at sea!

I don’t think so but it’s all very basic questions. Just have a read up on any LPG literature you’ve got or download some regs.

I've had loads of inspections and I still worry them every time. I have no idea why I worry so much as every single time they've turned up we have a cuppa and a chat I usually get told no that changed 4 years ago so read up about that then we go off and do some work.

They want to see one of your jobs if possible if not then take them to a service or 2 if you haven't got the customers yet take them to a family member (only time they get me to do work for them is when I'm being inspected lol). They are not there to try and trick you so try and relax If your unsure of something look it up or ask.

Hi Guys,

Not sure how many of you will remember even responding to my question, but to give you an update on how it went....it hasn’t!
I’ve had two appointments scheduled with them and they be cancelled them both with a few days notice!
So can’t tell you how it went!. Is this common? I be just assumed the inspector can’t cover wveryrhing in his area efficiently and has been called elsewhere!

Reply to First Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock