Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird riello rdb burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My burner keeps cutting out it will run for maybe an hour or longer then cuts out but when you hit the reset button it starts again and runs no problem for another period of time.
I can hear a slight crunchy sound possibly coming from the oil pump..

A few days ago there was a high pitch whining noise coming from the boiler. I have never changed a riello control box before. I have a old riello spare burner I can swap over the control box?

Simple as this, - turn oil off, remove oil pump and then refit burner and turn it on and off for a few seconds while listening carefully.
If you hear any roughness, the motor bearing are gone and need replaced.

If not, then oil pump is probably worn inside and if you really wanted to verify that, the pump can be taken apart to view the gears and drive pin.

How old is the pump? 8 or 10 year old very likely worn

Could be anything as Best has said above. Intermittent lockouts like that would prompt me to check capacitor rating (anything below 70% of original value I was told to replace as can cause this problem) check for tight spot on pump and wether motor bearings are starting to stick. A fan could be too close to fan housing causing a tight spot but unless has been touched I wouldn’t of thought? Control box could be the answer as could a couple other things but really I would want to be at the burner when it goes to lock out to see/hear exactly what’s happening.

Reply to Firebird riello rdb burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello alll, I have a firebird combi oil burner with the riello burner rdb in. It was working perfect up untill yesterday where it's going straight into instant lockout and won't do anything. Not fuel related because I can see it squiring out. Any guesses to what it could be ? Thank you
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a firebird enviromax combi boiler. each time it turns off the motor on the riello burner keeps running for a while then the whole thing goes into lock out. flashing green and red. shouldn't the motor turn off straight away? I'm also getting pressure building up while it's running...
Replies
Views
Hi Can you help me determine if my new Navien lcb700 lsx is working as expected? I got the Navien oil boiler installed to replaced an old firebird boiler. The new boiler is a condensing oil boiler and I’m not sure if this is working as expected. I’ve a 300 L water cylinder and after one hour...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in multiple warranty visits, part replacements and eventually burner replacement. The replaced burner I discovered was a 'yellow flame' one, apparently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock