Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Firebird Oil Enviromax C35KW Banging and Gurgling after water drawn off in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dave stretton

Dave stretton New Member

The boiler was new 2014, we moved into it in 2015 with no paperwork for anything and we started hearing gurgling/ knocking noises after hot water was drawn off for up to 45 minutes afterwards. We have had the following work carried out:-
    • New heat store thermostat
    • New circuit board
    • New hot water pump
    • Power flushed the heat store
    • Modified auto air vent supplied from Firebird as a possible solution
    • Smaller oil nozzle down to 0.75 from 0.85
    • The above has cost us £650
    • Mag filter fitted to inlet as a measure to clean system
    Still no improvement whatsoever and Firebird have washed their hands of us as the boiler is out of warranty, although only 4 years old the only solution we can think of is total replacement for a more reputable brand.
    Any suggestions or similar stories gratefully received, I've contacted the WHICH.co.uk legal team and we are discussing possible options.

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I would advise you replace it with a non combi oil boiler (system or standard boiler) and an unvented hot cylinder, if possible. Grant Vortex my preference.
    Pity you have already spent £650

3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Need to get hold of somebody who knows what they are doing. Nothing much wrong with a Firebird, but somebody's had your eyes out.

• Like Like x 1