Search the forum,

Discuss firebird enviromax not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

trying to fire but stopping, new nozzle, oil and air as per manufacturer's instruction, new photocell which is spotlessly clean, no air lock, oil clean and flowing, tiger loop full of oil- what next to get this thing going.

boiler working now. Checked all as advised then discovered brand new photocell was faulty, changed it and away it went. faulty one going back to the supplier.

Firebird failing to fire all week., resolve was only good for a short time. Firebird have advised new control panel, fitted now but still not working properly. Awaiting further advice. All settings are correct as per but producing soot for some reason. not affecting the photocell.

If its producing soot it could have coated the photocell and prevent firing, give it a clean then tell us its not the cell, if its producing soot then the settings are incorrect for the installation, or the boiler has been compromised in some way.

Is the air intake at flue terminal drawing in flue gases?
Or balanced flue not correctly put together, - an internal flue seal missing, for example?

That's the sort of compromise I was thinking of, I once had a balanced flue that the silencer had slipped off the exhaust outlet, gave all sorts of funny readings, but did not prevent the burner from firing, perhaps I was just lucky.

Firebird failing to fire all week., resolve was only good for a short time. Firebird have advised new control panel, fitted now but still not working properly. Awaiting further advice. All settings are correct as per but producing soot for some reason. not affecting the photocell.

Don't think he can get any readings until it fires up, but he does contradict himself, how can it produce soot if it fails to fire up.

Control panel is not the issue - gas seals are allowing gases to pass into the boiler housing. fires fine without the outer door on the cabinet.new seals ordered.

Sorry, what i mean is that the boiler starts to fire then stops, then starts again and then stops. sufficient enough to warm my house but not good going forward. Gases are escaping within the cabinet.

Sounds like you have someone working at the boiler that hasn’t a clue.
Or you are doing it yourself ?

What was any flue gas readings and oil pressure that would have been done by an oil engineer?
That would have proved the boiler fault

I would start with suspecting an oil problem, either contaminated or lack of flow starting and stopping is a typical symptom, failed or shut fire valve or even the tank valve shut off.

What part of the country are you in? maybe someone on here can have a look for you.

Reply to firebird enviromax not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock