Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird Combi Hot Water Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mole2005

Hi,

I've been helping to install a Firebird Oil Combi boiler today to replace a clapped out old Combi.
The Firebird was missing the heat exchanger when they brought it which we replaced.

The boiler fires up ok and heats the central heating, but for some reason the hot water isn't heating. The heat exchanger get hot but that's as far as it goes. I have noticed on the mixer valve it has a red and blue dot which is how it is plumbed, but on the side of it there is a H and C cast in its case which is opposite to the red and blue.

Do you think this could be the problem?

Any advice gratefully received.

Well you won't be getting firebird out then. How was the combustion set up?

I just want to get it running so they can have a shower. Once complete we will get it commissioned, so I guess the combustion etc will be setup then

Aye, course you will.

I'm afraid fitting an oil boiler isn't a diy job, as you have now found out. As for getting it running? you should have thought of that before having a go yourself.

These type of threads annoy the life out of me. Hopefully you will become a statistic to get the oil industry policed as heavily as the gas industry.

Because it sounds second hand and I bet you haven't got your building control notification number to cover the installation.

Simon's been harsh but is very correct. Installing boilers isn't a DIY job. Especially when bought with bits missing.

To be brutal, I'd rather be harsh than see people dead. As the electrician I was working with the other week, he believed that only gas appliances can kill.

I agree with you mate. I want oftec to have the same legal powers as gsr. But as you say, until there's a few fatalities.

OP. You're going to bite the bullet, fess up and get a professional in.

Which is pretty much what should've been done in the first place.

I brought it from a local wholesaler, I think they were selling it off cheap as they don't sell that make any more (plus no heat exchange) less then £100

Sorted out the problem - the hot water mixing valve was fitted the wrong way.

Many thanks to everyone's help, it's much appreciated ;0)

Well, I think it is better to ask a professional company to install the boiler... As they also might have an extended warranty. I installed firebird boiler with the help of (edited) Of course there are many other plumbing companies, the crucial thing is to find a reliable one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird Combi Hot Water Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock