Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird c20 sooting problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzt

Esteemed
Anyone had issues with firebird condensing boilers sooting. They are a pain to clean, and they dont run well at 11.5 C02 you have to leave them around 11.0 C02. Has anyone got advice on this.
In my opinion the design is all wrong.

Yes, on one of the two I look after I have played around with the pump pressures and air settings to find the optimum efficiency. On the other one, which is the same boiler, it seems to perform fine at 11.5. I don't like them much myself.

Would it also depend on the flue length and terminal location?
Reason why I am asking that is the more resistance, negative pressure that a condensing oil boiler has, the more excess air needed and so the CO2 would need lower.
I dislike Firebirds and never will install them.
On Grant Vortex I can get 12% running well, but just reluctant to leave them that fine set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird c20 sooting problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance engineer, (fwiw can answer questions on popular smart home thermostat systems), but I've installed many solid fuel boilers in the last 40 years for...
Replies
Views
Hi, We had our annual oil burner service carried out by a well known Norfolk firm last Thursday and all was great for a day. Came home from work on Friday evening to find our 15+ year old HRM Wallstar burner had locked out. I pressed the lockout button only to find it would lockout 1 to 2 mins...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock