Search the forum,

Discuss Fire valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I've been asked to install a new oil boiler for a customer as their old one is leaking water from the casing, and the existing fire valve is right next to the boiler, with the oil line being buried under the floor of the property (about 9 meters).
Now I know that they are supposed to be outside of the property but the boiler is in a utility room, right in the middle of the house for some strange reason, and I cannot get a fire valve with a long enough wire to reach it from the outside. The existing one works fine so I'm just wondering what the correct protocol might be in this kind of situation?

Teddington fire valves come in up to 12 mtrs. Or you could go for an electronic one that will do upto IIRC 50mtrs.

Its ok where it is. Usually outside but buried pipe and fire valve as soon as it comes up is first point of entry and fine.

Thanks for the confidence booster guys, I did think that his was the case but couldn't, for the life of me, remember exactly and the thing is that as its' my first install in about 30 years I reckon OFTEC will want to inspect it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fire valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but only got about 300L left at the moment. Please see picture. Looking for opinions on whether to get valve/filter assembly replaced due to rust or if I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock