Search the forum,

Discuss Fire resisting supports in escape routes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Please can you help a sparks we are not allowed to install cables in a fire route without metal supports, due to risk of firemen getting hurt after a fire etc. Is there any regs similar for plumbers?

521.11.201 Wiring systems in escape routes shall be supported such that they will not be liable to premature collapse in the event of fire. The requirements of Regulation 422.2.1 shall also apply, irrespective of the classification of the conditions for evacuation in an emergency.

NOTE 1: Non-metallic cable trunking or other non-metallic means of support can fail when subject to either direct flame or hot products of combustion. This may lead to wiring systems hanging across access or egress routes such that they hinder evacuation and firefighting activities.

NOTE 2: This precludes the use of non-metallic cable clips, cable ties or trunking as the sole means of support. For example, where non-metallic trunking is used, a suitable fire-resistant means of support/retention must be provided to prevent cables falling out in the event of fire.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Last edited:
Short answer is no.
Water in plastic pipes doesn't matter.
Gas has to be in copper/steel pipework.

Short answer is no.

Copper with no joints steel is fine either way

Short answer is no.

Hello, thank you very much for your help. I am looking at a new 14 storey building and checking the electrical design. As typical with these things the services run through the communal corridors and obviously on the electrical side we have to consider supports and simply wondered if you have similar considerations to deal with. My Mechanical guy didnt know of anything when i asked him.

Once again thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fire resisting supports in escape routes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock