Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Sharp Point
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 43
  • tank

Discuss Fibreglass 5 gallon tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Evening all,

Where would one source one of these, are they available?

Thanks

Lol.... I knew somebody would have to ask. About to start the plant room of a large new build in the basement, my plan is to put both the pressure relief’s from the unvented and boiler into it, have a 1” overflow from it into a sanicom 2.

And yes the sanicom can take very hot water for short periods, but me and the customer are thinking of ways to activate an audible alarm to detect if the unvented blows off the temperature relief valve into it. Maybe a heat sensor on the lid of the tank or a float sensor to start the alarm

Dunno, just trying to cover all bases

Sani con not rated for boiler or unvented or condy That's what I was told from sani

Have a look at pump house

@rpm

I’ve never known of a temperature relief valve go off, not saying they don’t .... but the high limit would kick in and close the zone valve and within 10 minutes cold water would’ve emptied the hot water, that’s why I’m asking about the fibreglass tank with copper overflow.
Have you lot thought of the 1000’s of f&e plastic tanks on solid fuel systems, that hold near boiling water

I’ve never known of a temperature relief valve go off, not saying they don’t .. but the high limit would kick in and close the zone valve and within 10 minutes cold water would’ve emptied the hot water, that’s why I’m asking about the fibreglass tank with copper overflow.
Have you lot thought of the 1000’s of f&e plastic tanks on solid fuel systems, that hold near boiling water

What happens if port valve fails have to design system to cope when they fail

Also solid fuel are specd at copper or steel also copper floats

If the valve fails, the limit is the boiler output temp....which will be about 70 degrees.

That's if the stat is new it's one of those things it could might never do but it could

That's if the stat is new it's one of those things it could might never do but it could

Bloody hope so, it’s a brand new Worcester Bosch.
You worry to much lol.

I’m not in the habit of doing things unsafe. I’m trying to cover all bases, hence the sensor business. I’ll put up some piccies shortly of the progress

I would wait on installing the sani tho

Reply to Fibreglass 5 gallon tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock