Search the forum,

Discuss Fibre washers and soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just curious to know how many of you guys are happy to solder whilst a fibre washer is in place? Or do you remove the washer first? Obviously I’m on about soldering quite closely to the fitting with fibre washer not like 4 metres away.

Definitely solder first, fit washer later.

I don’t use fibre washers usually now and use the rubber Hep flat washers, but same applies, - fit washer once the copper fitting cools

Def fit post heat as a rule.
As tough as fibre washers are, they are only compressed to form them so heat will cause them to expand/swell.

Ummmmm ummmm, it hurts can I stop now?
Fibre washers are indeed tough hard little beggars. Often, particularly with high pressure they will weep slightly when fitted but rather than graunch them up (may tear) if you leave them for a while the fibre swells up and no more leak for ever and aver amen.

Reply to Fibre washers and soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock