Search the forum,

Discuss Few issues with central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Few issues with central heating Guys, first of all I’d like to state I had no issues with the heating system prior to changing radiators. The boiler I have is Worcester 38cdi combi. The property has three floors.

Okay so I recently installed two vertical radiators double wall downstairs on the first floor. I was having issues with the bottom half is not warming up so I decided to play and balance the other radiators and it made no difference.

Now because I had to drain the whole system had to put fresh inhibitor in After doing so all the radiators are making a whooshing sound. The boiler is making a funny sound it’s like you can hear water falling..

Vertical radiators do warm up eventually but ever so slow. I have bled the radiators I don’t know what’s going on with the sounds and I’m not sure how to get the vertical radiator Warmed up faster

All the radiators have trvs. The two new radiators have liquid sensor Trvs i’m not sure if this makes a difference.

Sounds like a lot of air is still inside also vertical rads arnt the best for heating esp any cheaper ones there picky on flow and return ports

Check the ports on the radiator sometimes there is a sticker telling you which is the flow, its important to use this with your flow from the heating system as there may be a spreader tube inside the radiator. (there may be nothing inside but its worth mentioning)

Many thanks for your replies. Yes I did check the radiators before putting them up didn’t have no baffles inside had a peek with a torch. And there was no labels. The radiators do warm up pretty hot. But the bottom half takes at least 30 minutes. The wooshing sounds everywhere. This only started to happen after I started messing around with the lock shieldsall the radiators trying to balance it

Many thanks for your replies. Yes I did check the radiators before putting them up didn’t have no baffles inside had a peek with a torch. And there was no labels. The radiators do warm up pretty hot. But the bottom half takes at least 30 minutes. The wooshing sounds everywhere. This only started to happen after I started messing around with the lock shieldsall the radiators trying to balance it

could you see all the way through?

could you see all the way through?

No I couldn’t see all the way through but I could see more than halfway. And I looked both ways just looked Symmetrical. I’m thinking because it’s a three-storey house and the vertical radiators are fitted on the ground floor water is the shooting straight up. Like I said I tried to balance made no difference it just made the upstairs radiators colder

I would let the heating system settle down and the air work it’s way to the top of the rads and bleed often keeping pressure up. Use system and switch off and on to shift air pockets. To be perfectly honest I think trv are a waste of time and money they go wrong are unreliable open and close at will ....a properly balanced system will operate efficiently anyway. Trv are a good profit item for installers and manufacturers that’s why they are fitted
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Few issues with central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock