Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C Problem - Fault code 37f in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saoruladh

Hi, my ferroli boiler has thrown up a fault this evening, code 37 f. I've googled this and found out that it's a pressure problem. I've also found out how to fix it, and have repressurised it to the 1.5 bar recommended. However, despite doing this, the fault is still showing on the lcd screen, occasionally replaced by the code "t5". I've held in the on/off button and the reset button, I've turned it off and on at the mains switch and it is still not working.

Anyone any idea what's wrong with it, and what I should do to fix it? would be nice to be able to have a shower in the morning...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew

change it for a decent boiler or ring the sheds maker as most have a 5 year warranty unless you did not register it,2 days ago i replaced the same heap that was 18 months old for a baxi duotec as the ferrolis diverter had exploded and wet its pcb the cost of repair wrote it off

I'm in a rented apartment, so can't do anything about the boiler itself. Well, apart from move out like I plan to do in a month. Don't think I can wait that long for a shower though...lol

have no idea to be honest. i'll be telling him about it, but he can be quite slow at getting around to things, and was just wondering if anyone knew something i could try tonight so as to get a shower in the morning.

I've tried that, but the pressure won't move any further at all now, even with both black valves opened. it's sitting about 1.7bar, but won't move any further than that.

you need to tell your landlord needs a gsr engineer to attend

Funny that I went to one the other day that had done exactly the same, luckily :cheesy: ferroli uk had no stock, so it took 7 days to get hold of the part, by which time the boiler
had dried out nicely :stooge_curly:......every cloud and all that !

gas man said
change it for a decent boiler or ring the sheds maker as most have a 5 year warranty unless you did not register it,2 days ago i replaced the same heap that was 18 months old for a baxi duotec as the ferrolis diverter had exploded and wet its pcb the cost of repair wrote it off

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo can tell if it is resetting as FH will flash FH stands for flushing, If not hold the heating plus & minus buttons together for 5 seconds this sends the boiler into test mode and will fire up on max, to exit this mode repeat the operation see if it re sets then. when in test mode do not alter any of the set up as you can alter this from nat Gas to LPG sey max and min power etc.

ive got the same error code 37f, is it the 2 black 'taps' i open up to adjust the pressure? help would be great!!!

Thanks for the + and - idea. Finally got my heating on again after a very cold Christmas!
Now if I press the + and - again and then try the reset button it just sits there. No idea if I'm doing something wrong or it's just broken and my landlord's not back for a week - o joy. Well, at least I can hit + and - and leave it on for a little while so the place warms up.

Hello all. Not a reply, sorry but similar query.I am a young+-sh pensioner and trying to do it myself through YouTube videos Found out how to increase pressure, but it has gone up to 1.7 when it should be just over 1.1 Can anyone tell me if this is way took much as don't know how to decrease pressure . Can't afford a call out. Thanks in advance everyone

Easiest way is too bleed a radiator till it gets to a more acceptable level. Although at 1.7 bar you should be okay for most boilers but i wouldnt trust a ferroli they are poor.

iv got a ferroli optimax plus 30 c.iv got hot water but no heating it fires up when hot water tap on so that's om,but no red or green light on the boss therm br1 in cuboard,iv don that test +- and the heating came on.repeted this and went of still no heating im a pensioner so plz help

sounds like you need a new room stat/ replace the batteries

Pensioner or not. Please don't compromise your safety.

Other than checking the obvious, batteries in the stat, system pressure, there's not a lot you can do.

Please call in a gsr.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C Problem - Fault code 37f in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock